Best of luck to everyone in the Utah and Nevada draw

My hunt was a bust and partly because I was on foot. At 79 I finally realized that was not a way to hunt Nevada's wide open spaces.

So...
I ordered an e-mountain bike. It is an E-CELLS Super Crown Monarch with two wheel drive (a motor in each hub), 2 batteries and dual suspension. It is teated to haul over 300 pounds, plenty for a boned-out deer, me and my rifle.
With 4"+ tire width, fenders and racks it is made for hunting and even has a camouflage option. I got mine in matte black for easier re-sale plus being "stealthy" enough in that color.

This bike, in off-road mode, can go 30 miles so I figure it's good for at least 2 days of hunting before I have to re-charge it. I'll do that with a "solar generator" which is a Lithium/iron/phosphate ultra deep cycle battery (5,000+ charge/discharge cycles). To charge that battery I'll use an Off Grid TREK solar "blanket" locked to my SUV's roof racks and draped down over the windshield. The charge cord will run into the trunk and charge the"solar generator" battery sitting there. With this combination I won't need a noisy Honda generator and gas cans and no ATV and trailer AND more gas cans.
In reality I'll likely top off my bike batteries every day.

You may wonder if I have to pedal in order to get motor assist as with some bikes. The answer is no. I can ride it like an e-motorcyle but I will pedal to extend battery life - but not pedal so much as to tire me, natch.

Yeah the E-CELLS e-mountain bike ain't cheap at barely over $5,000. with Nevada state tax but much less than an ATV and trailer and easier to transport on a 2" trailer hitch mounted 1UP bike rack. And e-bikes are quiet, another plus.
I realize some will say the cost of the"solar generator" battery and solar "blanket" are adding up to more than ATV and trailer and you are correct - but... those items are also great for home power outages to save refrigerator contents and power other vital appliances. I'm not a "prepper" as such but BE PREPARED isn't a bad idea.

Finally I will be buying a semi-guided antelope and/or mule deer hunt out of state and likely use my E-MTB on those hunts. No more waiting for a Nevada tag. At my age waiting ain't an option.

Last edited: