Best McMillan Stock for cz 550 in .338 Lapua

pc

I have been looking at the stocks availbe for the cz550 in there tactical section and am wondering what the benifits of the "Baker Special" Versus the "McHale" or there A2,3,4 or 5 stocks (if they would at request inlet one for cz550).

I really want to know why would you choose one over the other ??

Is the Baker Special the best ??

The big CZ will fit in three McMillan- the McHale, Baker Special, and the Express. For a longrange rig go with the McHale or the Baker. The Express is more of a safari hunting type stock.
Both are excellent stocks but each has a few unique features. The Baker has adj. CP and LOP were the McHale doesn't. If you like the vertical grip of the A series, then go with the McHale.
I wouldn't choose one over the other, I have built on both and shot both. Just depends on what your personal tastes are...
I would be sure and get "sniper" fill or heavy fill in either one....

[ 06-26-2004: Message edited by: chris matthews ]

Thanks Chris,

I like the looks of the Baker Special...so I may order one if I get a tax return
grin.gif

What I do like about the cz actions is they feel reliable and feel like they have quality in them. My smith also said he can get a big cz 550 to shoot no worry's at all....bonus is that they already have a set trigger feature.

What would be the advatges & disadvantages of the Baker special and the McHale for a begginner to Long range shooting ??

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.