Best Bullet

I know that some of you guys are tired of this question,but I would like to get ya'lls input on the best all around preforming bullet in the .300 rum. I'm looking for something in between the SMK and the TSX, a really good grouping bullet that is going to retain at least 75% of it's weight. Thanks Guys

[ QUOTE ]
accubond and berger.

[/ QUOTE ]

++ 1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5 shot group 168 grain Berger VLD 7mm rem mag Sendero

470118.JPG
[/url]

I had very poor results with the 180gr Accubond out of my .300 win mag, in my experience these Accubonds are junk.
My buddy shot a cow elk at about 300 yards with his .300 win mag 168gr barnes triple shock.We found the bullet and weighed it @ 167.2gr. I think this is pretty good retention, and a perfect mushroom. .

I am not trying to start anything, just from my experience I have had bad results. I used the Accu-bonds during the 2005 hunting season
I shot a whitetail buck last year at about 100 yards right in the front shoulder with my .300 win mag using 180gr Accu-bonds. The deer went about 200 yards and layed down, and looked to be dead, and even roled onto his side and put his head down.There were still pushers in the bush, and I heard more deer coming, and looked away from the buck for just a second, when I looked up the deer was on the move, and we tracked him for about 2 miles, with lots of blood, but eventually lost him. The buck I did end up getting was also on the run, and I shot him at about two hundred yards. When I opened the deer up I could see that the bullet once it struck the bone completely exploded, and I felt very lucky to have retreived the buck. Later on last year I also shot a cow elk in the front shoulder at about 200 yards and never did find her either. I tracked the cow elk for about a mile, and I could see that she was dragging her left front leg.
My buddy was also using 180gr Accu-bonds out of his .300 win mag, and he shot his cow right in the kill zone, and ended up shooting her in the head to kill her. Once we opened her up, we found the same result, as soon as the bullet struck bone it comletely fragmented, and there was nothing left of the bullet. In both the whitetail that I shot and my buddy's elk, once we opened them up, it looked like someone had shot these animals with a shotgun.
This year I shot two deer and one elk with my .300 win mag, and I was using 168gr Traiple shocks, and every animal dropped in there tracks.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.