Best Bipod

roverdug

Hi
I hoping someone can give me their input on bipods used for elk hunting. What do you feel are the best both for prone and for sitting positions. Obviously we talking about different length legs but what is your experience and preference.
Thx

These are spendy but I can't find another bipod that matches it for versatility. I just started testing one out myself.

My go to for LRH is the Evolution Bipod. Besides the standard prone legs, a carry set of 16" quick change legs (extendable to 24") which are light, compact, fit easily in my day-pack, and take a few seconds to swap, for very stable sitting/kneeling shots. I run a 50:50 mix of prone/sitting due to the terrain I hunt.

For a quick on and off, ability to shoot off a bench all the way up to shooting shitting through tall grass...the Hatch just works. Just in on 4 cow elk hunts now.

jjw
AND

Hi
I hoping someone can give me their input on bipods used for elk hunting. What do you feel are the best both for prone and for sitting positions. Obviously we talking about different length legs but what is your experience and preference.
Thx
Thx to everyone for their responses and the advice. I pulled the string and ordered a Spartan Javelin Pro. I like the way it attached and that the legs unscrew and I can add different length legs. I hope I made the right choice as I leaning towards a Hatch or even an Atlas but made my pick!
Thx again

Evolution carbon fiber bipod!
20220208_180702.jpg
20220208_180525.jpg
20220208_184019.jpg
It's the most useful bipod for hunting and alternative position, kneeling or sitting shooting. The legs are interchangeable and stackable. Very good workmanship, high quality light weight bipod.

Evolution carbon fiber bipod!
View attachment 385114View attachment 385116View attachment 385117It's the most useful bipod for hunting and alternative position, kneeling or sitting shooting. The legs are interchangeable and stackable. Very good workmanship, high quality light weight bipod.
Thx for V the reply and info I ordered mine in a long for sitting and an extra set of regular legs
How long did it take to arrive since they are from the UK? I'm in Calif.

My go to for LRH is the Evolution Bipod. Besides the standard prone legs, a carry set of 16" quick change legs (extendable to 24") which are light, compact, fit easily in my day-pack, and take a few seconds to swap, for very stable sitting/kneeling shots. I run a 50:50 mix of prone/sitting due to the terrain I hunt.
How is the stability compared to the Atlas?

Thx to everyone for their responses and the advice. I pulled the string and ordered a Spartan Javelin Pro. I like the way it attached and that the legs unscrew and I can add different length legs. I hope I made the right choice as I leaning towards a Hatch or even an Atlas but made my pick!
Thx again
I was gonna say they aren't the best overall but for strictly hunting hard to beat Spartan
Super light weight
Can but long legs
Quickest on and off attachment
And still shoots stable through magnum calibers
I'm using the Valhalla on my 338-378 and it's working fine.
Best overall elite iron/accutac but don't do much much hunting unless
You keep them mounted.
Thinking about trying mdt since so many comp guys are using them and they aren't terribly heavy

I was totally happy with Spartan and still am but when I saw better more hd bipods for big guns and long distance i realized the Spartan really shines as a
Hunting setup

I was totally happy with Spartan and still am but when I saw better more hd bipods for big guns and long distance i realized the Spartan really shines as a
Hunting setup
I'm going to use it for elk hunting in Dec. I had back surgery two weeks ago so I'll probably be shooting in a sitting position.
At the range I use a Sinclair rest and rear pad as I looking for tight groups with hunting rifles.
I'm hoping I didn't overspend and that the Javelin arrives in no longer than wks from now so I can work with it before my hunt.
I used Harris bipods in the past and wanted to move up to a light bipod with interchangeable legs and without having to a rail on my fore end.
Going to shoot a new Fierce Fury Edge in 28 Nosler and hoping for a nice elk!

Recent Posts