Berger or SMK

Hntbambi

I have my off range oryx hunt starting up next week and I am still deciding which bullet to use in my 338 LM. I have read good things about each but not sure which route to go. As of now, I am leaning towards the SMK. The gun (700P) is sighted in with them, but nothing a quick trip to the range can't fix if I need to swap. I have both of them on hand and each are the 300 gr version. Any suggestions?

I have shot both out of my 338 LM. I give the Berger a very very slight advantage in accuracy. But I have no field data on game with the Berger as of yet. I do however have many one shot kills from the 300 SMK's including a WT deer and a Bull Elk both over 1100 yards. So if I were you I would make it simple and go with the SMK. They have never let me down and I have a ton of DRT's with them.

Good luck on your hunt.

Jeff gun)gun)

Thanks Jeff, that confirms my thoughts. Since we have a high wind advisory today for 35 + gusts to 55, I will just load up some more ammo and wait for Wednesday.

Thanks!

Ihave shot 7 different rifles over the years including the AI AWM's (2 of them) as well as competition rifles and 3 sporters (338 Slowpokes are Lapua Improveds) and all prefer the SMK 250.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.