Berger 7mm, 195 grain - Updates?

Im running 180 hybrid, pointed up. BC is around .708 from my calculations. Have shot them out to 2000 yards, with 284 shehane. Im getting 3000 fps from the pointed 180 hybrids . I would LOVE to try some 195 brain bullets. I have a 8.5 twist krieger. Wish i could order some RIGHT now!:D

Im running 180 hybrid, pointed up. BC is around .708 from my calculations. Have shot them out to 2000 yards, with 284 shehane. Im getting 3000 fps from the pointed 180 hybrids . I would LOVE to try some 195 brain bullets. I have a 8.5 twist krieger. Wish i could order some RIGHT now!:D
Where are you shooting at that far here in Alabama? I didn't think we had any public places to shoot LR. Unless you're shooting on private land.

MudRunner2005, several places. Lots of my places are just for shooting rocks! Im in a club in Jackson county , it has a flat 360 acre cornfeild. We can get 2000 yards across it. Also have a place 5 miles down the road that we can shoot at big rocks from 1500-3000 yards. I have never shot 338 lapua imp. past 2502 yards at rocks, but am planing to build 375 cheytec this summer! But you are correct, no public places much in alabama for ELR shooting. I once join a hunting club in Tuscaloosa county just to shoot 1500 yards down a old gas line. :D

Yeah, I hunt in Butler County, it's mostly woods with very little open areas for shooting LR. Furthest shot on our club is about 300 yards.

MudRunner2005, your only 1 hour and 30 min. from auburn. Go to snipershide and check out the tatical competeion forum. Hard Rock shooting competion. They shoot 3 classes 223,308, and unlimited. Email DocB on snipershide for info, it a great shoot.

MudRunner2005, your only 1 hour and 30 min. from auburn. Go to snipershide and check out the tatical competeion forum. Hard Rock shooting competion. They shoot 3 classes 223,308, and unlimited. Email DocB on snipershide for info, it a great shoot.
I'm even closer than that.... Butler County is just where I hunt at. It takes me an hour to get to the land from my house. I'm further north than Greenville.

I went to college @ Auburn. This is gonna sound weird, but, Roll Tide! :D Yep, I'm one of those Alabama fans who went to the opposing school because the field of study I was interested in, was a much more prominent area at Auburn.

I have left my house here in town and been to my driveway in Auburn in 28 mins. LOL

I've heard of the Hard Rock shooting comps. Is that the ones they hold up at Society Hill? If so, I didn't know they were still holding them.

I have a tackdriving .308 that should shoot good in a factory .308 class.

Yes , their still having them. I stay busy and it hard for me to drive 3 hours to Hard Rock, but i us to go alot. They shoot at 600, 800, 900, 1000 yards 5 rounds per target. 20 rds total. I think thy have a match at the end of this month. Then 1 in june,july,august, and sept,. Snipershide forum under tatical comp. DocB = Alan Brown handles the emails for the matches.

I emailed Berger about two weeks ago inquiring on this bullet and did not hear anything back from them. Maybe it's been scrapped???
I talked to Ryan last week. He said they are have a large backlog of orders right now, and they're trying not to release anything new until they can get all those orders filled, because demand is still so high. And that as of right now, it will be ATLEAST next year before they release anything new, but that could change.

I have the matrix 190's confirmed to 1400 yds with a .635 BC and a velocity of 3065 from my 7mm Dakota.
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

I like the 180 berger hybrids, you can point them up to .708 bc . I have shot them out to 2000 yards at rocks with 30 inch barrelled 284 shehane at almost 3000 fps. Bullets.com has them in stock right now! How long are the 190 Matrixs bullets? I wouldnt mind trying some. Would they be able to be pointed up like a berger? How long are they?:D

I will get the length tonight. I wanna say they are 1.375" But I will confirm for ya.
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.