Berger .375 solids on the horizon

****... About time they did this! You wouldn't happen to have the bullet specs yet would you?

Hey! I also noticed they are listing the 156 gr .264 and the 329 gr. 338 cal too!!

I'm thinking maybe after the Shot show??

It's a logical transition. I see all of the major companies going with some lathe turned solids for ELR work.

Mehhh! They are a few years late for a solid. Where is the .375 cup core with high bc that could be used for hunting. That would get me to try another load in my AM. Although I'm not a long range target shooter. I do it to practice for hunting.

Berger Bullets Announces New ELR Match Solid Projectiles

Mesa, AZ - New for 2019, Berger Bullets proudly announces the New Extreme Long Range (ELR) Match Solid Projectile line, beginning with 375 caliber 379 Grain and 407 Grain offerings.

Extreme Long-Range shooting to distances of two miles and beyond has taken the firearms community by storm. With much of its roots developed from elite military sniper and Special Forces rifle training, ELR enthusiasts are utilizing highly innovative rifle and ammunition technology to engage targets at distances previously unheard of. Berger has taken the lead pioneering ELR, similar to how it's dominated all other long-range rifle disciplines.

Berger Bullets chief ballistician, Bryan Litz states "Our new ELR Solid Match Bullets provide both competition shooters and Mil/LE forces a long-range solid projectile like no other. Its highly optimized VLD ogive design and lathe-turned solid copper construction provide a ballistic advantage that is unmatched by any conventional style bullet."

Berger ELR Match Solid Projectiles, Berger Bullets and Ammunition are distributed by Capstone Precision Group. Capstone also distributes Lapua, Vihtavuori and SK product for the USA. For dealer inquiries contact:

Capstone Precision Group LLC
Phone: 660-460-2800
[email protected]

49759048_10157010548814712_2061648468891402240_n_zpstq7hov9b.jpg

Pics above this post. I have no specs yet. They should be in the book from AB. BUT thats just the prototype data.

Another tid-bit. Berger also had a 301 grain .338 Solid prototype out at one point.
What is the nature and source of the pic - of one of the prototypes or of a production sample or a rendering or? Thanks.

There is no better entertainment than reading Advertising Copy as supplied by their agency. These folks are experts at trying to make us believe that Berger is the first and the best. My take is that they're currently riding on the back of those companies who actually did the original leg work and are making some of the best ELR bullets in the world. But that's what happens when you come to the table late.:rolleyes::D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.