Berger 338 hybrid OTM versus elite hunter

canderson

Has anybody tried swapping the bullets with same powder charge. Bullets look really similar. I found a couple of boxes to try. I have been shooting the OTM in my edge with fantastic results. Thanks in advance.

I tried Elite Hunters and OTM's with the same powder charge and seating depths in a .338 EDGE and they shot into the same groups. They also performed about the same on deer. Gary

I had a problem finding one and then the other, so I thought I would try to inter change both bullets and running the same set up. There was no difference as far as I could tell from 100yards to a 1000. That does not mean that there is no difference, just that there was nothing noticed in my testing and experience.

According to Bob Beck the loads and BC's are interchangeable with the OTM's and Elite Hunter. As soon as I get my new Edge this week I will be finding out.

Doug

I have shot both out of my EDGE with good accuracy and the same charge. My batch of Elite hunters have a .015 shorter bearing surface (similar to the GEN 1's) than the OTM's so I noticed a POI shift once I got out past 900 yds. Didn't have them on the Chrono but I was assuming the Elite's with the shorter B.S. were going a little slower.

Does anybody know? Do they have different jacket thickness

Yes, and it is my understanding that is the only difference. But I also noticed a small difference of a few thousands from tail to O-give. I just figured that was normal between lots.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.