Bergara b14 rifles after almost 10 years from the release, reliability/accuracy/durability/features!

Had the same issue with my 300 wm terrain. I found it was a Really rough chamber when I called bergara they confirmed. Fixed it myself but they offered to fix it about an 8 wk turn around.
So if there is a problem
Like this it will probably show up early on? And what is a rough chamber?

So if there is a problem
Like this it will probably show up early on? And what is a rough chamber?
The chamber being the portion of the barrel that houses the cartridge when it is in the firing position. If it isn't finished properly, as in a rough chamber, once the cartridge is fired the brass expands and fire forms to the shape of the chamber. If the chamber surface isn't smooth, friction is created as you try to extract the case which the chamber now fits like the proverbial glove. Primary extraction becomes extremely difficult, especially as the barrel heats up and the metal expands.

Unless the chamber was extremely rough, I doubt you would notice the problem on a new gun until you shot for a while and the barrel heated up. At least with a metallic cartridge. I had an 870 Express which had a rough chamber as well, and it was apparent the first time I fired it. Had to mortar that thing to get the action to cycle.

Had the same issue with my 300 wm terrain. I found it was a Really rough chamber when I called bergara they confirmed. Fixed it myself but they offered to fix it about an 8 wk turn around.
Frustrating that a company who originally came into prominence making barrels can't properly chamber one. Glad they at least offered to take care of you, but even so.

The chamber being the portion of the barrel that houses the cartridge when it is in the firing position. If it isn't finished properly, as in a rough chamber, once the cartridge is fired the brass expands and fire forms to the shape of the chamber. If the chamber surface isn't smooth, friction is created as you try to extract the case which the chamber now fits like the proverbial glove. Primary extraction becomes extremely difficult, especially as the barrel heats up and the metal expands.

Unless the chamber was extremely rough, I doubt you would notice the problem on a new gun until you shot for a while and the barrel heated up. At least with a metallic cartridge. I had an 870 Express which had a rough chamber as well, and it was apparent the first time I fired it. Had to mortar that thing to get the action to cycle.
Understood

Frustrating that a company who originally came into prominence making barrels can't properly chamber one. Glad they at least offered to take care of you, but even so.
Mh.. doesn't sound good. Any way to notice the issue only by inspecting the chamber bare eye?

So far,100%. Pull trigger, BANG! And smooth opening, pull and close lockup. Nothing for me to bitch about! NOTHING!
It seems that when a rifle comes out well from the factory these rifles, and b14s in general, are amazing guns, but it seems like QC let some lemons get to the customer sometime. The good thing is that bergara really seems to have a great customer service. The more i read the answers the more i get doubtful anyway. One guy had the trigger guard just snapping in half, two others had a rough chamber, i don't know, when i bought my b14 in 2018 i didn't find a single complaint about these rifles. Maybe with the increase in sales they didn't manage to keep
up with the QC? in 2018 it was already 4 years since the b14 hit the market so if there was any frequent issue it would have been written down somewhere. If i am not mistaken, at the beginning they were shopping every rifle with a test target and now not every rifle has one. Maybe they really had to reduce the QC testing in order to produce much more rifles.

I have a 6.5 Creedmoor BERGARA HMR pro, it's a great gun for the money. It shoots 1/2 MOA with factory 147 ELD-M and I have taken it to 800 yards with reliable hits. The only thing I don't like is the Trigger tech trigger it comes with,it is a tad too heavy for my taste, even with adjusting it down all the way.
I have had Bergara Hunter rifles in 6.5 PRC, 7Mm-08, and 6.5 CM. They have all
been great hunting guns, sub MOA. All factory rifles at that price range have some degree of issues, I'm sure there's a lemon of everything somewhere, but I would not hesitate to buy another Bergara.
I got the Bergara HMR PRO in 308 at Christmas 2022. I really like it. Gotta like that smooth action, real slick. Shoots .33 moa with FGMM factory ammo. I agree with you about the trigger. I think the Triggertech Primary is ok for hunting, it's a great trigger. But I lean more to shooting targets these days. I upgraded it to the Triggertech Diamond. Not looking back. Stay safe and have fun.

I got the Bergara HMR PRO in 308 at Christmas 2022. I really like it. Gotta like that smooth action, real slick. Shoots .33 moa with FGMM factory ammo. I agree with you about the trigger. I think the Triggertech Primary is ok for hunting, it's a great trigger. But I lean more to shooting targets these days. I upgraded it to the Triggertech Diamond. Not looking back. Stay safe and have fun.
I think that trigger swap is the only upgrade I'll do to my rifle. Thanks, happy shooting!

Guys, i massively overthinked this and i just went with a bergara b14 which i will put in a pse e lite stock! I'll let ypu know if the results are as good with my other b14 :)