Benelli 20 guage slug guns

Discussion in 'Shotguns And Shotgunning (NOT Slugs)' started by etisll40, Jun 13, 2013.

1. etisll40

etisll40 Well-Known Member

Anyone own a Benelli 20 guage to use during a shotgun only season? I'm thinking about getting a 20 guage automatic and the Benelli name comes up a lot. Is it enough gun? Anyone have a brand or model they have shot in Benelli?

2. sourdough44

sourdough44 Well-Known Member

Don't know if they make one or not. Even for the 12 ga Benelli slug barrels are fairly rare & expensive. If you want a semi-auto I'd look to a Browning too, 12 or 20 Gold would be great.

Another nice gun is the A-Bolt slug gun, back in production again. A fair amount shoot the Savage slug gun, though I'd rather the A-Bolt.

3. BOWHUNTERCOP

BOWHUNTERCOP Member

The Benellis are great but expensive, the Browning Gold is also great and expensive.

I own two Remington 11-87s (20ga & 12ga) both are set up the same with the rifle/cantilever barrel both wearing Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 scope, and both shoot excellent, the 20ga likes the Remington AccuTip 3", the 12ga likes the Lightfield EXP 2-3/4", I do want to try the 2-3/4" Accutips in the 12ga.

If you want a dedicated slug gun I would opt for the Savage 220f or the H&R Ultra Deluxe both in 20ga. I own both, they both have the same scope as my 11-87s and they both shoot the 3" Accutips. The Savage has a slight edge, reason would be it handles like a rifle, great trigger, balances better, and at the 200 yrd mark it out shoots the H&R but within 150 yd mark the Savage has a slight edge.

Today's slugs in 20ga are excellent and will take down deer/bear size game without issues, no need to experience the recoil of the 12ga