Beating a dead horse

Love my vx6hd not had any issues at all ,so far it been on a 7RUM and now it's on my 300 win mag farthest I have shot it was 500yds that will change soon

I have both , the nx8 has way to fine of cross hairs for me, the vx6 tracked good and is lighter, but will be going back to Ziess.

Here is a picture of my Meopta 3x18 ffp with a 4D reticle. The parralex goes from 10 yds too infinity. Meopta Optica 6 scopes has great glass European made zero lock and zero stop tracks great . This scope is around 800.00 dollars but is on par with scopes costing twice as much .
I would hope they do a better job with scopes then they do with binoculars! My pair is great with everything but the eye correction factor. I have never been able to set it and it stay where I have set it. So while hunting you are constantly fixing the eyepiece. After a nice buck walked away while I fiddled around with my binoculars I put them in their box and sent them in for repairs but got the same results when they came back about a week later. Back in the box and put on the shelf never to be used again. And lesson learned I'll never own another meopta product!

I would hope they do a better job with scopes then they do with binoculars! My pair is great with everything but the eye correction factor. I have never been able to set it and it stay where I have set it. So while hunting you are constantly fixing the eyepiece. After a nice buck walked away while I fiddled around with my binoculars I put them in their box and sent them in for repairs but got the same results when they came back about a week later. Back in the box and put on the shelf never to be used again. And lesson learned I'll never own another meopta product!
That is crazy. I have a set of Meostar 10x42 HD and Meostar 15x56 HD, and have used them for years and thousands of hours behind them. Never a single issue (until someone dumped my 15s off a tripod).

That is crazy. I have a set of Meostar 10x42 HD and Meostar 15x56 HD, and have used them for years and thousands of hours behind them. Never a single issue (until someone dumped my 15s off a tripod).
Hey lancetkenyon,
What do you think about this scope? How would it compare to the NX8?

Attachments

• 18A62421-50A3-42C3-9950-6724A61CCA50.png
    18A62421-50A3-42C3-9950-6724A61CCA50.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 63
When folks are saying Leupold won't track with reliability what is the issue. Does it not hold zero, not return to zero? Is it something where the more you dial it wears out? Please expound on the failures. I have 2 VX6's and 2 VX5 and 1 Vi3. Oh and a VX R patrol. All have CDS on them. I shoot them regularly 500 to 1000. Going on 5 years now with 1000 shots fired. Is it gonna happen tomorrow or in a year? Should I send them back now and have the erector replaced? I'm an ounce counter and weight is critical. I have two Zeiss with dials and 1 Swarovski z3 with the dial by color dot turret. Should I buy a lottery ticket or have I just been lucky so far?

Based on some of the observations, you have been lucky I guess. So have I. I have 5 mounted on existing rifles and 7 or eight that I sold with the rifles. I don't put the through a great deal of dialing. Although I did take out a coyote at over 1k with one. I get the aversion to mushy turrets, but none of the have failed me in over 40 years. I am going to try something new on my upcoming build. More than likely will either go with the March 2.5-25x52 compact or a Swarovski. Weight is a big deal on hunting rigs to me.

When folks are saying Leupold won't track with reliability what is the issue. Does it not hold zero, not return to zero? Is it something where the more you dial it wears out? Please expound on the failures. I have 2 VX6's and 2 VX5 and 1 Vi3. Oh and a VX R patrol. All have CDS on them. I shoot them regularly 500 to 1000. Going on 5 years now with 1000 shots fired. Is it gonna happen tomorrow or in a year? Should I send them back now and have the erector replaced? I'm an ounce counter and weight is critical. I have two Zeiss with dials and 1 Swarovski z3 with the dial by color dot turret. Should I buy a lottery ticket or have I just been lucky so far?
IMHO it's the ones that sit years without getting turned that have the most problems. When I was doing load development the scope stayed set at 100yards for a few years. Used several different bullets,powders, combinations and with no load information because it was so new to the shooting world yes it took me years! But now my 416 Barrett is the Lazer bomb Chris intended it to be!
After all that development it was time to stretch her legs out to 1k,2k, and beyond. And to my surprise the scope wouldn't work. So I wasn't going to wait months for it to get back from the repair shop and figured it must have a stuck dial that working back and forth might fix. So a twisting I did go and again I was surprised to see it working as it should have. So go give your Leopold a twist or two and see if that doesn't help. Can't hurt 🤕 but the wait for it's return from their shop will.