Bearwhackin'

Good pictures of big beautiful country! They definitely tell a story, and it's not about bear hunting. You guys are hiking past plenty of good bears, and easier hunts to get there. Very impressive corner of the world! What is it tt35 says "grueling". I'm impressed every time I read through the thread. Thanks for posting it.

I look at those pics and say to myself, there ain't a bear w/in a 100 miles of there.

No wonder I never see any bear.

I was in a drainage a couple of weeks ago and decided I'd never go back. I just didn't "look good" to me.

I told a fellow about the place and was informed that it is one of the better bear places in southern Idaho. So much for me knowing anything.

I went up the hill this morning and ran out of steam within 20 min. I was packing a 14# rifle, up an ancient logging road. The goats were packing about a 100#.

Old sux!!!

Beautiful Pix! Absolutely gorgeous country!

You don't need a compass up in that country.

Everything is either up hill or down hill from where you are.......

From the been there, done that and my feet still hurt brotherhood.

KB

Hey what unit are you hunting? I hunt over on the "dark side" of Oregon and it's getting old. Iv'e taken several nice bears from over there but am growing tired of the jungle. I want some NE Oregon long range action.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.