Bear hunting help idaho

jaeger19

So my youngest boy. 13 years old. Is pestering me about bear hunting. Something i have never really done. I would like to get him on a spot and stalk bear in idaho where i live. this spring. Any help appreciated. We are available to travel. Especially late season when he is out of school

Just saw there were more June season than I thought.

The panhandle is close for us. I haven't hunted bear there for a bit, and I'm kind of in the same boat with youngsters wanting to go.

It would look like there should be good bear hunting someplace closer than all the way north, but we don't typically range that far for the same reasons.

Just saw there were more June season than I thought.

The panhandle is close for us. I haven't hunted bear there for a bit, and I'm kind of in the same boat with youngsters wanting to go.

It would look like there should be good bear hunting someplace closer than all the way north, but we don't typically range that far for the same reasons.

Actually i would travel to the panhandle to get him a bear.

........Actually i would travel to the panhandle to get him a bear............

Yeah I get that-just should be something closer one would think.

We've seen bears most places there, the grizzlies are a mixed blessing. Keeps the hounds, and bait elsewhere. Nothing against either, just one less distraction.

Some of it can get a bit overpopulated with recreational camping around Memorial Day, but the days are long.

Unit 1 had kills of 221, and 4-4A, had 233 combined, and was a 2 bear area if I recall.
Idaho site gives a pretty good unit, by unit breakdown.

I find myself being vague, it's because it's been a bit since I had boots on the ground there, stuff can get overgrown pretty quick.

Really bears are all through the area. i"ll break out the map, and talk to a couple of people, see if I can narrow it down.

Is your taste more hiking oriented? Do you need a place to park a trailer etc.? How much time do you plan on putting in.

Thanks for replies and pm. The whole family is ill right now so not able to respond to all those who have pmed. Merry christmas and thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.