BC

elkhunting

BC I was wandering which bc is the most best for the berger bullets i personaly havent tried the G7. Ihave ben using G1for every thing and it has ben realy close if i add in actul drop figurs at verious distance and have tested out over 1100 yards and ben right on. thanks

Last edited:
For long range G7 is best for anything with a boat tail. Assuming of course you know the G7 BC for the bullet. For Berger you are all set.

You do verify your drops, right ? Thats how you would find that the G1 values were a bit off. Spend about $50 and get the book written by Bryan Litz "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting". It contains a library of G1 and G7 BC's for 225 long range bullets that he independently verified.

I don't trust any single BC number for a bullet. 'Tis been proved by chronograph testing time of flights that there can be as many as 5 or 6 BC's for a given bullet in as many velocity bands. Drag's not the same at all speeds through the air for a given bullet.

G7 numbers make it easy to use.

G1 numbers, such as those used by Sierra Bullets which are several for a given bullet, are more accurate.

Use which ones you want to.

Ihave ben using shooter and inputing actull drop which has giving good results and has changed how many shoots it takes to know exact drop at diferent ranges in past i shoot every distanse and charted the path out to 1,000 or more .I just switched frome shepard scopes to tatcial scopes about a year ago .used shephard for 15 years out to over 1,000

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts