BC Variation bullet to bullet is real, and its a problem.

Doc, how do you distinguish the source of variance you see in recorded BCs between that attributable to the bullet and that attributable to the tolerances of your recording instruments?

Calibration, testing, and we also use multiple Doppler Heads at once along with half a dozen other checks. Then we can compare the data from both systems, and they should be in agreement. This is why you often see us use dual Lab Radars at events as well. We have multiple radar systems (more than 2).

From the sounds of it, bullets aren't all exactly the same (we all already knew that) and in turn they will all act a bit different in flight since nothing man-made will ever be identical. The rifling will also effect the aerodynamics of the bullet due to the engraving and every shot will be different as the barrel wears and fouls. So at the end of the day, there are multiple variables and some can be accounted for and some can't, such is life.

Will you be testing any of the A-Tip bullets for BC consistency/variance??

The A-Tip bullets I've measured are hands down the most dimensionally consistent of any bullet/s I have ever measured so I'd think they would fare pretty well.

The A-Tip bullets I've measured are hands down the most dimensionally consistent of any bullet/s I have ever measured so I'd think they would fare pretty well.

We already have, and we are discussing ways to propagate that information in an informative way.

As long as the tip is in secure and perfect, that's where any larger tipped bullet has fallen apart before is in the tips.

I just looked up the Applied Ballistics Bullet Library and it seems like they already have 3 ATip bullets posted. .243 110, .264 135, and .308 230.

How would you get this data for the .308 nosler accubond LR 210gr and for the 185gr juggernaut. I shoot both from my .300 Whby mag. I have heard that the BC for the LR is exaggerated is this true if so what is Applied Ballistics BC for the 210 LR.

How would you get this data for the .308 nosler accubond LR 210gr and for the 185gr juggernaut. I shoot both from my .300 Whby mag. I have heard that the BC for the LR is exaggerated is this true if so what is Applied Ballistics BC for the 210 LR.

The BC on the Box is a different topic from this one. However we do have those bullets in our library with the G1 and G7 averaged BC.

I've guessed this was the case with 168elds from my 308. At 1/2 mile vertical is great, at thousand it's huge but I can launch 195tmk to 1500 and they are consistent.

what's the best choice for long range 7mm bullet from an 8twist barrel that you've tested. I'm currently using 180hybrids

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.