BC for Berger 270 cal VLDs

Eric Stecker

Walt has calculated the BC for the Berger 270 cal VLDs.

270 cal 130 gr VLD = .473
270 cal 140 gr VLD = .509
270 cal 150 gr VLD = .545

Eric

Awsome I know alot of die hard 270 fans have been waiting to hear that.
Will they be stabilized out of the standard 1-10 twist?
when will they be available to the public?

Will they be stabilized out of the standard 1-10 twist? when will they be available to the public?

All three weights will stabilize in a 10" twist. We are making the 130 gr VLD now with the 140 and 150 to follow. All three should be on the dealers shelves late this month (or early Jan due to the holidays).

The size of these first runs is consistent with an introductory offering so to insure that you get some I recommend you place an order with your dealer right away or place an order with us directly at 714-447-5456 or at [email protected]

Regards,
Eric

I am a bit unimpressed by those BC numbers. I was hoping for something at least in the .600 range or slightly higher like we can get in 7mm and these will easily stabilize in a 1-10 barrel for the most part fired from magnum chamberings.

If I remember right, the 168 gr Berger VLD has a BC in the low .6 range and it will stabilize in a 1-10 barrel. I am sure a 160 gr 270 bullet would also and also get us the .6 that would really start to make a good long range bullet choice.

That said, in some chamberings you could go even heavier and longer. My 270 AM will shoot the 169.5 gr ULD RBBTs very well in a 1-10 twist barrel. Granted they are going over 3300 fps but I was hoping for a bit better BC out of these bullets.

Oh well, they are better them most any other commerical bullet out there, just not the advantage I was expecting to see.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.