Bat bolt face bushing?

Machann

Hi guys

I'm busy with a switch barrel long range rifle project. Already have a .338 and .264 Broughton 5C barrels for a 338 Norma and either a 6.5x55, 6.5x47L or 260. The reason for the .264 is for cheaper practice.

I'm currently considering two actions, one being the Barnard PL and the Bat Model M. The problem I'm faced with is the difference bolt faces required for the different calibers being the Rigby and .308.

With the Barnard action I can make use of the Trueflight bolt face bushing system to address the bolt face problem as attached.

2242073295a1e98b129e5c1fc534d9b8_zps7ccd03a3.jpg

With Bat it looks like I will have to get a additional bolt. Over here this is a $1000 price difference.

I have contacted Bat asking them about the possibility of a bushing system without reply to date. I also haven't been able to get a image of a Bat model M bolt face to check this. Would one be able to make use of a bolt face bushing system in a Bat Model M? Also how easy is it to switch ejectors on the Bat?

Also is the Barnard more suitable for field conditions ( thinking about dirt and tolerances) compared to the Bat.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.