BAT Action Owners ??

Mine has a basic spiral, they have stuff like deep flute, double spiral,I dont know the terms ,but 4-5 variations

Bat Actions are DANGEROUS !!!

They are like doritos, you just can't have one.
Number 16 in a week.

I think you mean Lays potato chips....you can't eat just one. But I get your point!!!

Now you got me thinkin...maybe it was Doritos......

Getting old SUCKS, except you don't need to get permission from anyone to build or buy a new gun!!! :D

Last edited:
thanks fellas. just wanted to make sure I didn't hear a bunch of horror stories and dust and such binding them up, that's all.:)

John,

I too was concerned about dust/dirt etc and the Bat tolerances. Research revealed no negative comments regarding this. Discussion with the builder gave no negatives.

My largest concern is that in my area, home and range, there is always very fine "blow sand" in the air and especially after a shot.

I've resolved for myself that normal cleaning an care will be sufficient.

I'm anal enough to have considered a very large condom for the 375 AM.:D:D Thinking elephant here......gun)

John,

I too was concerned about dust/dirt etc and the Bat tolerances. Research revealed no negative comments regarding this. Discussion with the builder gave no negatives.

My largest concern is that in my area, home and range, there is always very fine "blow sand" in the air and especially after a shot.

I've resolved for myself that normal cleaning an care will be sufficient.

I'm anal enough to have considered a very large condom for the 375 AM.:D:D Thinking elephant here......gun)

Glad you chimed in Roy. Have you tried any of the rocky mtn bullets in the rocket launcher ?

I think you mean Lays potato chips....you can't eat just one. But I get your point!!!

Now you got me thinkin...maybe it was Doritos......

Getting old SUCKS, except you don't need to get permission from anyone to build or buy a new gun!!! :D

It is Lay's comment, but I prefer Doritos - Nacho cheese:D

Leave your bolt closed and you will have no problems. I left my bolt open once when riding to the target on a day where fine grit was blowing. It did get a little gummy. I have done the same many times with the bolt closed never a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts