Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

I hate to hear this! Bass Pro sucks at stocking good reloading supplies and their counter ppl are not very knowledgeable on equipment.
Agreed, but they sure want to sell you a boat. I'm in the Guns and Ammo deptment trying to find reloading components, which they did not have. And all the guy behind the counter wanted to talk about was the boats that they had on sell that day. He even handed me an application to fill out for a credit approval. It was like, he didn't hear a word that I was saying. Bass Pro is a compleat waste of my time. Jack up prices, and used car sales tactics. Their next in line to go, like Gander Mountain, what a joke.

Bass Pro, and Cablea's get a lot of tax breaks incentives to open stores, which means you and I have to make up the difference. Gander Mountain never got tax incentives, but they didn't last.

Only Gander Outdoors and Scheels left. I guess that's why Scheels opened the Texas store. Nice place too.
I was fortunate because we have 4 Sportsman's and a Bass Pro in less than a hours drive, Bass Pro is the closest, yet I bought way more stuff from Sportsman's. I think Sportsman's repeated a mistake they made previously by opening too many stores, especially too close together.

We lost our SW back in 2009 in the obummer years, wish we still had it here. Luckily Scheels got there act together and dropped prices and increased store size and offering. Bass Pro is a joke for serious outdoors man, if you want trinkets and fish batter have at it. Good luck SW

Well that sucks. I really dislike bass pro and really enjoyed sportsmans warehouse. Sportsmans has a much nice gun counter and carry brands like Christensen, fierce,kimber etc that bass pro never did. The folks at sportsmans actually have some knowledge on the product they sell. We could probably start a thread on the really stupid things we've heard and seen from the folks behind the counter at bass pro.
Hate to hear this also. You can definitely tell the negative effect Bass Pro had on the Cabelas in my area. I'm afraid the same thing will happen to Sportsman's Warehouse.

Contrary to our desires, it is official, Sportsman's Warehouse is now owned by the same company that owns Cabelas and Bass Pro, Great American Outdoors. I wish they'd buyout DICK's and close them down. I sure hope the end goal is NOT to eliminate guns and ammo in the US.

I was reading information posted just yesterday by one of the Hodgdon family members how the BPS acquisition of Cabelas has impacted their distribution.

Said Cabelas had a standing/recurring order for powder with them but it was cancelled after BPS took over. Like them or not, their market presence and volume requires attention and is making extremely difficult times even more difficult in both supply and logistics.

BPS prices and poor quality drove me away years ago and now I haven't bought anything from Cabelas since the merger for the same reasons.

Wow, Basspro isn't that bad. There reloading section is limited but they offer ample supply of Christensen, Fierceand Kimber firearms as well as Glock and FN and many others. Many of the employees offer great help and yes some answer questions based on their limited knowledge or stubborn beliefs, but what large retailer has everything perfect. I dont go to any retail store to learn, I go to purchase what I know I want.

And hey, I work work at Basspro in Rancho Cucamonga California in the Firearms department and I can tell you that Basspro has gone way out of it's way to facilitate the craziest environment of this 2020 Covid-election year insanity.

Anyway your opinions are what they are I just thought I'd chime in with another perspective....lol
Like any big chain, whether Walmart or BassPro, you are at the mercy of the idiot behind the counter or at the cash register. Some are really good and some are total idiots.

I quit going to the gun counter because all the people I spoke to got their 'firearms expertise' from Television or Video Games. Some of the conversations were absolutely idiotic.

The high-end gun room in Dallas, Tx might be nice if you are wearing a Rolex but, don't ask about an African rifle if you are dressed in normal 'street' clothes. Really bad stereotyping and thankfully, they weren't the only game in town for an African bolt gun.

The worst news yet. 2020 has turned into a nightmare and I expect it to get worse. Bass Pro in my area had a decent firearms section with good folks. Their attention to reloading was a joke. Sportsman s warehouse had a great component section and had no problem bringing in special orders from other stores. Guess it's Midway USA and Midsouth for me.

How do you spell Monopoly? I hope the govenrment steps in and stops the sale... But I doubt they will. They are too busy giving our money to foreign countries and funding the Kennedy Center so they get good seats. They give the US tax paying citizens a measly $600.00 bucks to appase them... We need term limits and Americians to stand up and go to the streets if necessary to stop the corruption. DD62

Lol if this is high on anyones list of things to worry about then Pat yourself on the back. Not that big of a deal. I havent bought reloading supplies in a physical store in years. Makes very little sense not to order online anyway.

Neither Cabellas or BPS has Jack for reloading stuff. I can find more at a garage sale than at either of those places. That blows

WTH BassPro is at the bottom of my list for anything shooting/hunting related! What BP does do best is warm water fishing products. And now BP is about to shizzcan Sportsman's Warehouse, which more times than not, has the best loading supplies department, and if it was out of stock, they'd let you know when it would be back in store, at competitive price +/-, that of online retailers and it was local.

I guess I'd better us my purchase points before the sale is finalized?!?!

I had a pretty good experience the last time I was in cabelas - they had no ammo - but they were helpful enough to let me know scheels had just gotten a shipment in that morning. Had 45 and 22 lr when I arrived.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.