Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

Bass Pro has a history of hard nosed management. We have a Cabela's & SWH here. I buy stuff at both and have no preferences. Hopefully, nobody will get hurt at the SWH here with this acquisition.

Spokane has a SWH at Spokane Valley, east of the Valley Mall and a big Cabela's is at Post Falls ID, about 10 miles away - hopefully the folks at the much smaller SWH at Spokane Valley won't get hurt. Their Valley store looked poorly stocked and few customers when I visited last month. The Cabela's/BassPro parking lot at Post Falls ID is full of cars having Washington plates - sales tax is about 3% lower and ID does not have punitive WA business taxes and L&I insurance fees - business friendly in ID, a conservative state

I won't shop at dicks either. Sportsmans was 1 minute off the road to/from my work travel. We have another lgs but their attitude and prices suck ( too hig and mighty) --- they are building a scheels on the north end of town--- hopefully they are good, but that changes to a 45 minute 1 way trip for me .

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !
This sucks, they have ruined cabelas

• Parent company of Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, The Great American Outdoors Group, has agreed to acquire Sportsman's Warehouse for $18 in cash per share, according to a press release.
  • The parties expect the deal, which is subject antitrust review and a vote by Sportsman's Warehouse shareholders, to close in the second half of 2021.
  • The deal would bring Bass Pro and Cabela's product brands, including on fishing and hunting gear, to Sportsman's Warehouse, the companies said.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.