Basic reloading equipment

I suggest starting with a basic beam scale from RCBS and later add the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 to speed things up.

RCBS also makes a pretty nice hand held primer seater.

-- richard

Ok so I got a old rock chucker from my dad. Got my brass/bullets/primers/powder/dies. Can you guys recommend a good scale and primer seater?

I like the RCBS hand primer. they run about $50-$60 ,but you could probably pick up one for a lot less on ebay. In fact, you can get a lot of good reloading stuff on ebay for a good price. Check the seller's rep.

We're all on a budget. Some guys are just better endowed. :) (But, that doesn't mean they know how to use it.)

The reason I mentioned the beam first and later the Chargemaster is for you to plan ahead. I don't think it serves a purpose to start with a cheapo digital scale. They are finicky and not really faster than a beam.

If you have a beam and save up for the Chargemaster, you can speed things up and still doublecheck your work as well as have a backup for when the electronics or electricity fails.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.