bases, why the difference in price

foreign

i have egw on 2 of my rifle and was thinking of getting them for another rifle.but i was looking around and was looking at warne and nightforce and the likes and was wondering why the difference in price. are the night force way better than the egw's. if so why?? thanks

EGW is aluminum and the others are steel. I just purchased an EGW base for a Savage and will see what happens.
I did notice it doesn't sit flat on the action. I need to figure out if it is crooked or the action is. I have Warne on everything else and have been pleased but I couldn't find one to fit this action and didn't want to wait. We shall see how well it works.

I have Weaver bases on all my rifles they are aluminum and seem to work fine. Even found a 20 MOA base made by Weaver at SWFA they work great and at the price I was able to by 5 and still not pay what some of these companies want for one.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.