Barrel problem

Another thought is call the stainless barrel makers... see if they will do everything but the carbon wrap... Then see if one of the carbon barrel companies will finish it in carbon for you.... I guess I don't get the big problem...You are not asking them to stock an 8mm barrel..or asking them to do a run of them that sit on shelf for years. I would think they could just as easily ask the barrel maker to send them the 8mm blank all ready for carbon wrapping... Or maybe I just don't get the process they use and an 8mm would be way to much trouble....

Another thought is call the stainless barrel makers... see if they will do everything but the carbon wrap... Then see if one of the carbon barrel companies will finish it in carbon for you.... I guess I don't get the big problem...You are not asking them to stock an 8mm barrel..or asking them to do a run of them that sit on shelf for years. I would think they could just as easily ask the barrel maker to send them the 8mm blank all ready for carbon wrapping... Or maybe I just don't get the process they use and an 8mm would be way to much trouble....

A lot of the carbon makers (Proof, Christensen, Carbon6...) use their own barrel blanks and contours, so most likely they won't tell someone what contour they use prior to wrapping...The pic that Proof used to use of their barrel not wrapped was not accurate.

I'm glad it looks like it's gonna work out for you. I'm chomping at the bit for mine to get done but I've probably still got a couple months to wait on it then it's in the smith's hands for several more.

I called proof, c6, and christanson and asked that and they all said no

If any one wants to know c6 called me back today and said they would do it for a $90 upcharge. But it was the same as the hells canyon so I'm not out anymore money.

If any one wants to know c6 called me back today and said they would do it for a $90 upcharge. But it was the same as the hells canyon so I'm not out anymore money.

If you want to price check give Alamo a call tomorrow. I can just about guarantee Robert will beat there price.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.