Barrel pics Teslong

I've scrubbed a barrel with KG1 and then followed it up with CLR, and the CLR works WAY better on carbon. It's unreal. CLR on an oversized bronze brush and drill bit will also get rid of the ring by your case neck in the chamber. But yes, clean the CLR out thoroughly after using it.

I second the CLR, have found nothing works like it or as fast…was sceptical, even when in my F-class circles they said Eric Cortina and others were using it every cleaning, gave it a try and was amazed.
The pic above with the copper in layers was hit with CLR straight after shooting and again after the copper was removed, no carbon to be found.

Cheers.

I agree with the others on trying CLR. Works great. I soak a patch, push into chamber, let sit for five minutes, then push it to muzzle end as slow as you can. You'll get a grey/black blob of Goop come out.

Anybody have issues with CLR and Cerakote? I know it will practically eat through a concrete floor. After that, it kind of freaked me out!

If you use CLR on a blued barrel be sure to protect it as it will eat the bluing right off in a heartbeat!
It would be hard to eat Cerakote off but it could discolor it maybe,maybe not.
One barrel that had a thick coating of carbon it took several scrubs with KG carbon cleaner to get the carbon completely off but underneath there was another layer of copper.It seems the carbon layered on top of copper.The rifle shot like it used to shoot once it was all gone and back to bare metal.

Another excellent product is a carbie cleaner used to clean carbon, it is aggressive on carbon and blueing, I often run a wet patch through and leave it soak overnight with muzzle down sitting on a rag, most of the time the rag is stained black. Do not do what I did on my Kimber, do not allow CLR or carbide clean on blueing, it damages it very quickly.

Cheers.

Another excellent product is a carbie cleaner used to clean carbon, it is aggressive on carbon and blueing, I often run a wet patch through and leave it soak overnight with muzzle down sitting on a rag, most of the time the rag is stained black. Do not do what I did on my Kimber, do not allow CLR or carbide clean on blueing, it damages it very quickly.

Cheers.
MagnumManiac would using electrical tape on the barrel be enough protection for a blued barrel?Or more that that would be needed?