barrel life/ caliber questions to help with next build

I saw them when he first build them. pretty dang nice, but I think the build i have in mind will rival those for sure. going to spend a lot of money on duracoat me thinks. want to do a two tone paint job on the gun.

i do love seeing 4 matching, sick looking rifles like you have! very nice work on the build!!!!

wait??? you're building more 6.5's than you already have? crazy!! love your set-ups! what are you going to do different?

Well,

My brother sold them both about 2 weeks before our last big tactical match. I didn't even know they were for sale...but the guys wanted them bad enough and they are happy as hell with them.

The new ones will be built very similar. Since I do alot of work with Phoenix Machine, I thought is was right to use their actions on the new rifles. So the new rifles have 1pc bolt receivers. We are still going to use the same size Rock barrel, DE Brakes, Manners T2 Stocks, Badger bottom metal. Now, here is where things are going to really change.

I have been working on a new camo pattern. It's not really new, but it combines a few different styles to form a "new" pattern. I then had the stencils cut to my design. I have been custom mixing cerakote to get colors that are correct to the environment and have got them pretty close. These rifles will be more of a desert/sage country type look. The metal is also getting a couple different colors just to help it stand out. Now I just have to get some customers builds done so I can get our rifles finished up and ready for the next match!! Here is a sneak peak of the almost finished product I did for a good friend...I have changed the colors slightly from this one to better match the environment.

Friends Stock
StusRBroscamo003.jpg

My personal Test Mule...backup comp rifle...coyote rifle
243AI012.jpg

The new version will have a slight bit of green in it to match Sage brush. It has been dubbed " R Bros Camo" by the guys we shoot and compete with.

Sorry for the hijack...:)

I love a hijack when it looks like that! thanks for posting, looks like a sick set up! why do you prefer manners over mcmillan? just wait time, or anther reason?

nice work with the camo, looks good

Wait time is the one of the reasons. The other is Tom's customer service. If I call and ask a question, he always takes the time to explain options and will modify things slightly if needed to make the stock fit my needs. McMillan makes a high quality stock, but their service is lacking. I use both companies stocks, I just use more of the Manners..especially on my personal builds. I hate waiting!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.