Barrel Length and Chamber Pressure

I didn't miss his assumption at all.
He needs to understand that unqualified assertions like that fail tests.
That there is a lot more to it.

I didn't miss his assumption at all.
He needs to understand that unqualified assertions like that fail tests.
That there is a lot more to it.
What you are saying is exactly correct working with a real rifle in the real world. What he was asking is if you shortened oal and the distance to the lands remained constant with the same bullet. Hypothetical and not possible without rechambering. He's just trying to understand. Actually its much more complicated tgan that, like you indicated. In the real world it doesnt normally make much difference with a conventional bullet unless you are either very close to touching or over .100 like you said.

I'm as sensitive to generalizations as I am guilty of them.
With this, having followed the mob in the past, it is my default now to invite individual thinking.

Reloaders begin basic, with all information declared to them.
They manage with that, ever mutating toward advanced reloading, with the latest toys and no real knowledge.
But eventually their light bulbs start coming on. They gain a power of understanding,, then with more and more becoming easier to know and control. Fewer toys needed, and leaving the mob behind, while secure on their own.
This is the advanced reloader. And they have for the most part, circled all the way back to the basics!
The difference formed with individual thinking.

I'm as sensitive to generalizations as I am guilty of them.
With this, having followed the mob in the past, it is my default now to invite individual thinking.

Reloaders begin basic, with all information declared to them.
They manage with that, ever mutating toward advanced reloading, with the latest toys and no real knowledge.
But eventually their light bulbs start coming on. They gain a power of understanding,, then with more and more becoming easier to know and control. Fewer toys needed, and leaving the mob behind, while secure on their own.
This is the advanced reloader. And they have for the most part, circled all the way back to the basics!
The difference formed with individual thinking.
Perfect example of this is when i bought a dial indicator to measure runout. It was a great tool to learn to build concentric ammo. Now its covered with dust. It inly taught me what i needed to do. Now I know and dont really need it anymore. I have several toys like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.