Barrel - Carbon vs. Fluted vs. ?

I ended up going carbon to get the diameter for a supressor without the weight penalty. I've done fluted in the past as well and the cost wasn't that much different.
Ironic you should post this since this is exactly what I did today. Purchased my first can and made a change to a current build from fluted #3 barrel to a CF barrel.

I skimmed through this thread, but I went fluted over Carbon due to lead times... Only to find out it didn't matter because my action still hasn't shown up yet after 18 weeks.. 🤦‍♂️

6.5PRC, 20" K&P Rem Varmint, 1" shank, "Pattern X" fluting, all done by Long Rifles Inc. in less than 2 weeks from order to ship date.
Weight: 1190g / 2lbs 10oz
1701790961950.png

@ Sneuses,..
THIS,.. ^^^^ aka,.. WHAT's really to, .."Gain" ???
Answer,.. Lighten up, your Bank account and, Boost your Ego because,.. they're "Trendy" !
IF, you ain't Huntin' with, an Expensive "Custom" Rifle,.. you ain't,.. Huntin' ,.. LOL
WOW,.'(/)/&@& ^^^^drt,….'.?•*^ DIDn,t "realize" I made all my choices to "stroke…., my "EGO"…, and 2 B "trendy".

Typing like this is crazy difficult. Especially with my trendy iPhone and autocorrect. This actually took a lot of effort. The things we do whilst on the toilet. 🤣🤣🤣

I skimmed through this thread, but I went fluted over Carbon due to lead times... Only to find out it didn't matter because my action still hasn't shown up yet after 18 weeks.. 🤦‍♂️

6.5PRC, 20" K&P Rem Varmint, 1" shank, "Pattern X" fluting, all done by Long Rifles Inc. in less than 2 weeks from order to ship date.
Weight: 1190g / 2lbs 10oz
View attachment 517915
Impressive lead time for the barrel. What action did you go with? Wonder if the left hand option is causing the long lead time.

Impressive lead time for the barrel. What action did you go with? Wonder if the left hand option is causing the long lead time.
I ordered a Terminus Zeus Short Action(only because the HNT26 isn't available in LH LA) & QC barrel tenon.
Joel had standard thread LH SA's sitting on the shelf, but I thought the QC would have better versatility if I decided to go different route, 300wsm, 8.6 blk, etc. & I like tinkering with stuff. The Idea I could assemble the rifle in my living room appealed to me.
Only if I knew the "6-10 week lead time" was a fallacy.

IMO I will only buy ss barrel. With my carbon barrel the barrel gets hot around 5 shots. With my Bartelin 3B I can shoot 12–15 times before I need to let it cool. I have a suppressor on my carbon, it whips so **** bad I can't spot any hits. With ss barrel you can flute it and cerakote giving you a lot of custom options over plain carbon.