Barnes TSX Bullets 303 Caliber (311 Diameter) 150 Grain in Mosin

Ombre noire

Hi

First time deer hunting, most likely will take a 43' Tula Mosin-Nagant sniper to this hunt and I have a question.
Did anyone used the "Barnes Triple-Shock X Bullets 303 Caliber (311 Diameter) 150 Grain Hollow Point Flat Base Lead-Free" in their Mosin, in hunting, or not, situation? If yes, if you don't mind sharing, what was your load and how did they do on game?
These are somewhat expensive but, as it is for hunting, once done with load development, wouldn't be shooting too many of them. For target shooting, the 174 SMK 311 works just fine with 5 shots groups between 1.25 and 1.5" at 100. Yes, it would take down deer too.
For now, I loaded some Sierra Game King Spitzer 180 gr (311 diameter) 303 caliber with a few loads of AA4350 and IMR 4064, will check them out soon; heard good things about the 180 Spitzer but curious about the Barnes. I heard these copper bullets give great accuracy.
Thanks for your input.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts