Barnes TMZ

dirtboy

I had set my knight Mk 85 thumbhole 3'' high at 100 Never had a chance to shoot past that because of lack of time, till now. I had one round left in the chamber from Hunting season and wanted to see how it would be at 150 yrds. I put up a big cardboard box and aimed for the little green te leaf on it that was in the center. It shot abot 1.5'' to right and dead center for up and down. My groups at 100 were right about 3/4''. I used 250 barnes tipped Tmz with 100 grains of tripple7 ( 2 pellets.) I just have to put a deer in front of it..lol!

That is the same load that I shoot in mine and I love it. I have shot targets out to 200 without any issues. This past year I took my deer a 110 yards and had a nice pass through as well.

Have you tried 3 pellets? I did but mine didnt like it at all and my groups just pretty scattered

Good Luck to you

No I felt no need to use 3 for what I want to shoot. The extra reoil I can live without..lol! I look up some balisic info and if I'm right 2 pellets has enough energy to kill I think it was 150lb deer at 300 yrds. I dont have many places that I get to much more than 175yrd shots.

Im with you on using 2 pellets I was lucky my rifle hates the combination as well as my shoulder after a long day at the range. I agree that is plently to make a good kill shot.

CB

@ Flying Lizard, I check into it, Theres something easier than droping 2 pellets. down a tube?? WoW! I was always hopeing they would have 1 100 grian pellet or 1 150 grain pellet to save on a little time, hassel and add some safty when need, while reloading because on a miss and that deer is still looking at you...lol! lightbulb

You can shoot all day long with Blackhorn209 and NEVER have to touch the barrel. With T7, you'll be swabbing between each shot in order to seat the projectile.

T7 is a sugar based powder and creates a crud ring. Most new shooters dont know about this and do not swab the bore. The crud ring basically holds the projectile off the powder charge, creating a gap between powder and bullet.
DSCN1614.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.