Barnes Reloading Data

Timeout

My wife shoots a .223 Rem for deer hunting. Her rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye Compact. Her shots are 200 yards max, with most at 100. I currently load Sierra 65 gr. SBT Gamekings for her. Results so far are good, but always looking for better. I recently purchased some 55 gr. Barnes TTSX to try. I went to Barnes website for load data. They are suggesting 25.2 as a starting load and 28.0 as max when using CFE223 powder. I opened my QuickLoad program and it shows 26.8 as a do not use load @55317 psi. I always start low and work up watching for all signs of pressure and carefully measuring my fired cartridge cases. I will do the same in this case, however I'm curious if anyone with Barnes Reloading Data experience finds that they tend to show max loads at the upper end. I most often use Berger data and I generally find it to be quite conservative, for obvious reasons I'm sure.

I use a lot of Barnes reloading data. I've found it to be middle of the road. Ramshot powders data to be on the high end. But there tax would be a good powder to try also very temp stable. Barnes has data for it as well as other powders.

If you questions on Barnes data let me know. I have three of there loading manuals and been reloading there bullets for over twenty years. Also if you call and talk to ty at Barnes he can help you out.

If you questions on Barnes data let me know. I have three of there loading manuals and been reloading there bullets for over twenty years. Also if you call and talk to ty at Barnes he can help you out.
Thanks for your reply. I have 6 cartridges loaded up in .3 increasing increments. May be a few days before I get them fired. I'll let you know how that goes.

Not sure what their load data says now but I have found the Barnes like a rather long jump, like 0.050" or more to keep the pressure lower. I have switched most of my rifles over to Hammer Bullets as I have found them to have almost zero sensitivity to seating depth, run faster per bullet weight than Barnes and better terminal performance. I have shot Barnes for many years in many cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.