Barnes 280gr LRX 338’s

Expecting some of these to arrive tomorrow that I bought from one of the members here. I've been really happy with the accuracy I've been getting from 300gr Sierra MatchKings, but I'm curious about these Barnes bullets for hunting long range. Anybody here use these? Opinions on accuracy or terminal performance? Any load data to share on them?

Use them in a customers 338 Lapua when the first came out. Still do, run them at about 2800fps with 86.0grs ramshot magnum. Found playing with seating depth, really helps. I got them to shoot sub Mia to1000.

If they don't work out for you, don't be afraid to use the 300 SMK. It has been my favorite bullet from my .338's, the only reason I don't use them now is because my current .338 RUM doesn't like them. I have killed many a whitetail buck (from <50 yards to well over 1,000) and elk (700 to over 1,000 yards). They have given me nothing but great performance. One of the only SMK I will use for hunting, the other is the 250 grainer.

The only bullet I can get to group better than 1 moa is the Hammers, they live up to their name!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.