Bar.243 boss sweet spot.

tokatee

Well fellas I would like to know if any of the shooters here have shot and found best boss setting with the 243, with any load,having trouble with heavy bullets.

Have you read the manufacturers suggested settings ? If not its on the Browning website. I have found that they are really close if not right on.

Yes sir,I have seen the chart,but no luck with 100gr.,75gr.is good,was hoping someone has had better luck. Just got a box of 95gr.hornady maybe they will do better.

Try turning it a little one way or the other to see if your group opens up or closes tighter ...

Hi guys..Sorry to be so slow getting back to you..I have not measured the twist but was told it is the same as current production ,1 in 10...I have tried 4064 powder now and got much better groups..also played with the boss settings some more...it is now shooting right at one inch at 100 yards and I think it will do even better with more load development.Thank you for your input.much appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.