Ballistic calculator

I have checked, and rechecked the information numerous times, and nothing lines up. This Grendel is a 1/4 moa rifle. I can shoot bullet drops, measure them, adjust my scope for said drops, and it's spot on. I just can't get the ballistic calculators to line up with the ballistics of the rifle. I have the same problem with my other rifles. I have a Remington 700 long range in 300WM, and I run into the same problem with it.
I plugged your info in real quick to iStrelok and it's showing 3.66MOA up so still pretty close, within 1 click.

Double check your info in my pics and post yours' up so we can troubleshoot it.

8E489C5F-1E30-47BB-9D7F-4B3322F702F7.jpeg
E7C73203-A38F-4386-9081-3999D7A1D257.jpeg

If you recorded your drops and weather at your last range session you don't need to waste components or even go to the range you can sit at home with the ballistic calculator until we figure out what is going on and make it lineup with your actual data

If you recorded your drops and weather at your last range session you don't need to waste components or even go to the range you can sit at home with the ballistic calculator until we figure out what is going on and make it lineup with your actual data
I have use applied ballistics and Shooter with great results from both

Even that(elevation) at 300 seems like that wouldn't be enough. That's an enormous difference. Aside from incorrect mv and incorrect zero range I can't find anything in my hornady calc to get it to that different

Fwiw op I have had great success with the hornady app and it's free

Even that(elevation) at 300 seems like that wouldn't be enough. That's an enormous difference. Aside from incorrect mv and incorrect zero range I can't find anything in my hornady calc to get it to that different

Fwiw op I have had great success with the hornady app and it's free
I tried the hornady app also. It was closer to being correct than the others I tried, but not exact.

I tried the hornady app also. It was closer to being correct than the others I tried, but not exact.
Yeah, it's imperfect but it has gotten me on a 550 many times to confirm further in the real world. Enough I'm impressed. Sometimes it's better than my kestrel with a hornady bullet.

It wants 3.6 for you, which seems awful close to your real drop

I have entered the current atmospheric conditions each time I tried it.
Try "disabling" your zero weather conditions to see if that changes much. iStrelok seems to be pretty finicky at times, or at least in the past when I was starting out. Got to be that, your scope adjustments/value corrections, powder temp. variation, or some simple input error.

For the Ballistic aps you'll still have to shoot and verify velocities and trajectories. I'll typically have to tweak my Velocity, BC, or scope adjustment values to match with my real world drops, but nothing like you're experiencing.

For instance on my 28Nosler at 1,517 yards I was almost .5 MOA low and had to tweak my Velocity that was measured with my Magnetospeed to match my actual drops perfectly.

Last edited:
Try "disabling" your zero weather conditions to see if that changes much. iStrelok seems to be pretty finicky at times, or at least in the past when I was starting out. Got to be that, your scope adjustments/value corrections, powder temp. variation, or some simple input error.

For the Ballistic aps you'll still have to shoot and verify velocities and trajectories. I'll typically have to tweak my Velocity, BC, or scope adjustment values to match with my real world drops, but nothing like you're experiencing.

For instance on my 28Nosler at 1,517 yards I was almost .5 MOA low and had to tweak my Velocity that was measured with my Magnetospeed to match my actual drops perfectly.
I'll try again tomorrow, and post my results. Fixing to call it a night and get some sleep. Thanks everyone for your help. Great bunch of folks on this forum. Goodnight all.