Ballistic calculator rangefinders?

None that i've heard of though the Leica 1600 does almost exactly the same thing as the 1600-B, but only gives a firing solution to 550 yds where as the B model will go to 880 yds. The Leica 1600 is no longer made.

The 1600 and 1600-B don't actually have ballistic computers or calculators in them. They have 12 preloaded ballistic curves wherein you pick the one closest to your rifles ballistic curve. They have charts in the back of their owner/op manual (can be downloaded from Leica's web site too) that allow for a 100, 200 or 300 yard or meter rifle zero. I typically always use a 100 yd zero but could not find a curve to match up close enough to my rifle's drops. I did discover that a 200 yd zero with curve #2 did closely mirror my rifles drops. I don't think I was more than 1/2 moa off all the way out to the 880 yd limit.

The Gunwerks has a true ballistic computer/calculator. You can input up to 5 different profiles to include G1 or G7, exact BC, velocity and zero range. It will output exact drops to the .1 moa.

One thing I did not like about my 1600-B was the drop data was given in clicks; example "57 clicks". Sorry, but under pressure my brain goes to mush if I had to head calculate. The 1600 did give out true MOA as does the Gunwerks.

Eat Top Ramen for lunch and save a bit longer for the Gunwerks. I LOVE mine!

Alan

I share the same thoughts as you from my research....but I am expecting gunworks to come out with a newer/smaller model eventually...thanks...I think I will wait a little while longer

I have the Bushnell G-Force 1300 and although it s claimed that its firing solutions go to 800yds I have found that if you are using flat shooting rifles it does and will go beyond 950/1000yds , and when I used 2 Ballistic apps they confirmed it was right and was within 0.02 MOA 660 at 881 I was rangng sheep and it came up with 881 @ 27.1 MOA with the F Ballistic pattern, ths covers .308 175gr BC.505 at 2800 when I check my ballistic app if I was using a .270 that would take me out to 947yds using 150gr BC.503 @2950, and I have a total of 10 Ballistic Patterns to chose from and I think that its software is moa based so Im pretty sure with faster flatter rifles it will give me the come ups out even further,

Blessins, John

After much research messing with bullet loads over the 881yds the G-force came up with 27,1moa my app loaded with .270 loads came up with the answer of 27.06moa and it always is between 0.01 to 0.04moa so I dont think 1/100th of an moa or even 4/100ths of an moa will ever make any differance to anyones shooting at the End of 881yds, Happy Hunting.

Blessin's John

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.