Badger M5 Bottom Metal

Jayhawk

Hey guys, I finally bit the bullet and had 2 Mcmillan A5 stocks inletted with Badger bottom metal. One is for .308 and the other is for 223. The .308 functions fine and mags fit nice and tight. The .223 mags (AICS plastic 10 rounder) function fine but are so loose, they rattle back and forth while installed. I called Badger, they said this is common they all do that..... anybody have this problem or maybe a solution to this? Maybe another brand of .223 mag, if anyone even makes one to fit the Badger M5. Thanks

I'm not aware of any other mags for the .223 that'll lessen the rattle, but you might try a strip of tape around the mag that'll fit inside the mag well. That should take out some of the play. Not exactly a high quality modification, but a simple one that is easily fixed if you don't like it. Just don't make it so tight that the mag binds and causes feeding problems.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.