Backpack reccomendations?

bubbagodkin

Hi Guys,
My bro bought a binocular strap from crooked horn... and it came with a dvd and in the dvd they were promoting their extreme something..... backpack it had the ability to carry a cape and horns and it can carry ur rifle in the back... it looked really nice. What would you guy reccomend for a nice big game hunting backpack? I am in alberta canada and I want to do alot more hunting this year in new terrain and I think that means being prepared so I want a backpack that I can carry alot of necessities in....

I'd recommend an Eberlestock in either J104, or J107. I have the 104 model, and it's hands down the best pack I've ever owned. Holds all I can carry and then some with ease, and opens up to a meat pack if I get lucky. Plus, he is a sponsor of this site. : Eberlestock

I am very familiar with Albertan mountain situations and BC, of course and would first ask you what you intend to hunt, how long you will backpack per hunt, i.e., 3 days or 2 weeks, and what physique you have.

My next question will be, what is your REALISTIC budget?

Tell me this and I can probably help you and I have done quite a number of other hunters, some come to my home in Vancouver and others exchange PMs and posts with me.

I will also say that, in this game, you get EXACTLY what you pay for and the high dollar packs ARE better for big game hunting than lighter, recreational backpacking models. That said, you CAN do well with a less pricey pack, IF, it fits and you use it within it's design parameters. So, post a reply and let's go from there.

Thanks for the offer but I think I am going to order the Eberlestock J107, its in my price range and looks like what I am after. I am hunting for alot of differant game and this pack looks like it can handle my demands.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.