BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) for Left Eye Dominate Shooter

firstshot425

I have just ordered a Trijicon TR20 with post & green triangle reticle. The Trijicon site talks about BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) or shooting with both eyes open.

Question 1: Do you use the BAC just to acquire the target and then aim and shoot with one eye closed, OR do you actually acquire, aim, and take the shot with both eyes open?

Question 2: I am left eye dominate. What impact will this have on using the BAC shooting approach?

Thanks
firstshot

I have just ordered a Trijicon TR20 with post & green triangle reticle. The Trijicon site talks about BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) or shooting with both eyes open.
Question 1: Do you use the BAC just to acquire the target and then aim and shoot with one eye closed, OR do you actually acquire, aim, and take the shot with both eyes open?
Question 2: I am left eye dominate. What impact will this have on using the BAC shooting approach? Thanks firstshot
The BAC method works on low magnification for very close targets where accuracy is not critical. You acquire and aim with both eyes open. Using this method takes some training, regardless of which eye is dominant. You train our brain to over lay the bright triangle in your right eye on top of the scene in your left eye. Most people get it within a few hours. Some people never get it - you won't know how it works for you until you try for while.

For long range targets, you still use one eye because you need the magnification. If you are right-handed, I recommend that you shut or squint your left eye, which probably is what you're doing now.

Thanks for the feedback Bruce!

Yes, I'm a right handed shooter and have been having to close the left eye for shotgun wing shooting all my life. Both eyes open for target acuisition and swing then shut the left eye before final swing throuth and shot. It's just something I had to get used to. Looks like it will be the same with the Trijicon. No big deal.

Worst case I can use the BAC technique to acquire the target and then close the left eye for aim & shot just like I've always had to do with the shotgun.

The Trijicon attracted my attention primarilly for low light deer hunting and for hunting hogs at night. I think the illuminated reticle will really come in handy.

Can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts