Bino/rangerfinder combo - bushnell and others- eye dominance issue?

BROWN TROUT

I have been lurking around here for a few years now and am finally seeing an opportunity to get out and do some really long range stuff out west. I need binos and a range finder, so the combo unit would be good because it would be one less thing to have to carry. I tried out the Bushnell unit and I found it very difficult to see the numerical range display. It is in the right side and projects into the right eyepiece. Maybe this is where my problem is? I am left eye dominant. If I close the left eye, I could see the display. I did not think until now to turn the unit upside down to test my theory. So am I stuck with 2 seperate units because of eye dominance? I have tried re-training the eyes, but it does not work. The the other units work the same way as the Bushnell? Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Bino/rangerfinder combo - bushnell and others- eye dominance issue

On the ones I've used, that has nothing to do with eye dominance but simply means you need to adjust the distance between the eyepieces so they properly fit the distance between your eyes (Interpupillary distance). Whenever I hand mine to somebody else they usually can't see the display until they adjust that to fit their face.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.