B&C Medalist Weatherby style?

davkrat

Thinking of getting one of these for my Rem 700 in 7mm Rem Mag. Any reviews on this model? I like the lines of it and it seems it might reduce felt recoil.

I have a Weatherby Accumark with this stock on it (comes factory). They're comfortable to me.

I wouldn't say a stock will reduce any felt recoil...But a heavier barrel, and a muzzle brake will.

DK, have two on factory Weatherbys. They definately need some bedding, but I like the light weight and rigidity. I assume B&C make all the Accumark stocks for Weatherby. Did not know the Weatherby Monte Carlo style stock was available for other makes, good to know.

Yep BC makes them and they are available to fit a number of other brands. I have no problem with fitting them. I've always heard the drop away comb was designed to alleviate getting smacked in the face. Being a Zcalifornian I may as well try out a Californian stock :)

I put one on my Rem 700 in 7mm RM and had to do a bit of work on the barrel channel as they don't come fitted to the magnum contour. Slow easy work, just make sure you don't take too much out. Love the fit, does not reduce recoil, the Pachmayr decelerator pad is pretty stiff compared to some Limbsavers I've used. However, I was under the impression that the stock would be stiff on the fore end with the full length aluminum bedding block but I can tell you to forget about it. I can pull it away from the barrel a good 3/16". If your looking for a stiff stock, I would go with the tactical ones. I also did a stress free bedding job on the action as the block torqued the action when the screws were tightened down. Will sell you mine if interested.

I put one on my Rem 700 in 7mm RM and had to do a bit of work on the barrel channel as they don't come fitted to the magnum contour. Slow easy work, just make sure you don't take too much out. Love the fit, does not reduce recoil, the Pachmayr decelerator pad is pretty stiff compared to some Limbsavers I've used. However, I was under the impression that the stock would be stiff on the fore end with the full length aluminum bedding block but I can tell you to forget about it. I can pull it away from the barrel a good 3/16". If your looking for a stiff stock, I would go with the tactical ones. I also did a stress free bedding job on the action as the block torqued the action when the screws were tightened down. Will sell you mine if interested.
You should call B&C...I've never heard of anyone having an issue with the Medalist stocks. Those sound like issues I've heard of from the Carbelite models, that don't have a bedding block in them...So that type of stuff is to be accepted as a possibility.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.