B&C A2 Medalist Varmint Stock Opinions?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by DrillDog, Feb 25, 2013.

1. DrillDog

DrillDog Well-Known Member

What are your opinions on this stock? overall quality? fit and finish? accuracy with stock? toughness under punishing recoil?

The medalist A2 Varmint looks like a good stock, but the only B&C I've seen in person was their "carbelite" model. And I wouldn't put that stock on anything. It's like a toy rifle stock made out of spray foam. The carbelite is worthless IMO.

I heard the medalist stocks are a much better design. I plan on using one on a 338-375 Ruger with NO muzzle brake, so it's gotta be a tough stock. Just looking for opinions from experience. Thanks.

2. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

The medalist you will find is much better made stock. It is very similar to the HS precision in a lot of ways. The aluminum shank starts at the handle, and goes all the way up to the forend. Fit and finish is surprisingly good. I think you will like it. The carbolite, and duramax are junk.

3. Adam313

Adam313 Member

If you find a place that has them in stop PLEASE send me a pm with the info. I have been searching almost a month and they seem to be back ordered everywhere, I would even take a M40 style. GOOD LUCK:)

4. redgun

redgun Well-Known Member

I like them, just be sure to bed the action.

5. DrillDog

DrillDog Well-Known Member

I just bought the A2 Varmint, black with gray web, for my rem 700 long action from Redhawk Rifles. They also carry HS Precision.Best prices around and fast shipping. Cost me $235 plus shipping. Actually just got it Wednesday. Very nice for the money.

Redhawk rifles has them for long and short 700s and Savage actions too I believe.
    Here's a link to their website;

Red Hawk Rifles

And I always do full bedding jobs on my actions no matter what type of stock or how high quality it is ;)