Auto resetting target?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by dhall, Jan 25, 2006.

1. dhall

dhall Member

About 2 years ago I saw on Guns & Ammo TV, a auto resetting steel target, large enough to put out 200 or 300 yds or so, and it would reset itself after hit. Battery operated I think and weather proof. Does anybody know if this product is still exists or is on the market?

2. Chester Evans

Chester Evans Active Member

3. LOBO

LOBO Well-Known Member

LVShooter who can be found at www.snipershide.com makes some. They are less than $200.00 and work great.

Chris

4. gonehuntingagain

gonehuntingagain Well-Known Member

5. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

you are in luck.

Go to www.6mmbr.com and the article of the week is reactive targets. Lists almost all types, cost, contact info etc and several reactive and auto resetting.

BH

6. dhall

dhall Member

Thank you for all the info, This is the best forum around!

I'm pretty sure it was the LaRue model that was on the TV show that they were showing. "WOW"!!! is it ever expensive!

Do any of you guys own the LaRue model?

Boone

7. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

Why not use a hanging/swinging target? Always resets and dirt cheap to make.

I weld hangers on to a steel plate of appropriate size. Suspend between legs and a crossbeam. Move enough so you know of a hit. Stop moving in a few seconds so that you can hammer it again.

Jerry

8. actionshooter

actionshooter Member

The LaRue is big bucks! I have used them many times in 3-gun matches, they work great for running shooters thru a course in a hurry. Very reliable (until the battery goes dead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

9. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

10. LOBO

LOBO Well-Known Member

I have one of the IPSC man targets and it is great! Great prices too!

Chris

11. dhall

dhall Member

Thanks Ian for the info, I'm getting in touch with Kurt. He just emailed me his phone number.

Chris, which target do you have is it the 25"x15"? and how well does it work?
    Boone

12. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Reactive targets are great to shoot at, I have several. I also like swinging steel in various sizes and hardness. But as of late I have been poking poly targets. The bullet passes through and seals up making these targets almost indestructible and no ricosheting. But my next project will be a simple plastic bottle, like a Clorox bottle. Very tough and cheap. Just slap a reactive sticky target on it, hang it and you're ready to go. If you need a little weight, just a little sand in the bottom.
    db

13. LOBO

LOBO Well-Known Member

I have the IPSC/USPSA "man" target. I believe it is 17" tall. It works great and I can't wait to get another one!!

Chris