ATV Equipment

esshup

I just picked up a 2004 Bombardier Traxter Max 2-up ATV and want to outfit it for carrying gear to where we'll be leaving the trail to hike further up the mountain. What do you recommend for equipment? i.e. gun scabbard, something to hold the backpacks, etc. Anything special for the ATV itself? I'm buying the stuff to convert it to high altitude riding, and will tune it at altitude (est. 8,000 ft). It has the cv boot protectors, hand guards, winch, and extended mudflaps.

I wouldn't mind using horses instead, but can't justify having them the whole year and only really get to use them once or twice a year. There is an area in Wi. that we hunt that is non-motorized vehicle only, and the horses would come in handy there, but again, I can't justify the upkeep. The other thing is that my hunting buddies have never been on a horse.

I have a Honda Forman 500. The salesman said that if I will ever take it to real mountains (we only have high hills here in AL). He told me to just take off the cover to the air intake and it should be fine in high altitude.
I put radial tires on mine - really helps in the rocks.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned!!

Yamaha Grizzly 600.
Rear racks:Two CamelBak "Talon" packs, one cooler
Front rack" Two long range rifles in drag bags (with Blackhawk scope protectors).

Griz01s.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.