Attn: Labradar Users

Mine has this same error. They told me it had to come in to be fixed. I haven't shipped it back yet though. I love the LabRadar but the difficulties I've had with them makes me think of running a magnetospeed with MK mount

Mine has this same error. They told me it had to come in to be fixed. I haven't shipped it back yet though. I love the LabRadar but the difficulties I've had with them makes me think of running a magnetospeed with MK mount
Ditto, magnetospeed is so simple and numbers are solid. I don't care about it being barrel mounted cause I don't use speed to tune but just want numbers when I do a pressure ladder and final load.

Yes! Seen such messages several times on mine. Shutting it off and turning it back on several times seems to make it happy, and it starts working again. Very interested in what the experts say!

Put a batch of fresh batteries, powered it on/off a dozen or so times, still no joy.

20220909_180603.jpg
20220909_180558.jpg

I bought a magneto speed right when they first came out. It's worked flawlessly for a long time but finally died on me last week. May of had something to do with me running it upside on a 454 Casull revolver but who knows. You must have gotten a lemon lab radar my buddy has 2 that have worked great for a while now. One even has a bullet hole in it and still works without issues 🤣

I agree with bamban in that input power protection is cheap and easy. As far as the OP's question is concerned, I do not profess to know, but it seems fairly obvious that either the transmitter oscillator or it's sampling circuit is off frequency, causing the CPU to disable the transmitter. This would be a hardware issue requiring the services of a qualified technician with access to documentation and spare parts. In his case, there is little to do but send it in. You don't want to mess with microwave toys unless you have some idea of what you are doing. HOWEVER: the system does use several frequencies which are user selectable. This feature is to accommodate busy ranges where multiple units can interfere with one another. It would be good to know if the system works on another frequency setting.

In the case of the unit that intermittently displays the error but it fixes on reset; so long as it doesn't lock up so often as to cost too many cuss words, "Keep on Truckin". I would suppose the transmitter disables when the CPU thinks it cannot maintain data specifications so the fact that the transmitter has an issue probably does not affect accuracy when it does work. The unit may slowly get worse, suddenly die, or may go on like that forever.

I got a response from Labradar. First they asked what external power source I used, the model number and make. The one I used has 2 USB output @5V each and micro USB for charging port. Sent them a picture of the unit, have not received the follow-up response.

I fielded the question as to why the input DC voltage is such a big issue, when lots of companies clamp the input through lots of schemes. No answer.

I retired from the semiconductor industry, I know all the microcontrollers we produced, for example, all have voltage input protections in the design.

I don't know how long will it take for Labradar to fix my unit once they receive it. In the meantime, I bought a Magnetospeed V3 today as I need to do some load work on a few rifles. Though not a must item for load work, just an added data.

I sure hate to set up my legacy Oehler. PIta

Oehler takes 2 minutes to set up
I keep everything attached to a tripod. All I do is unplug the electronics

Attachments

• AB6BEEF7-4B9F-4258-8052-3553A6ADE92D.jpeg
    AB6BEEF7-4B9F-4258-8052-3553A6ADE92D.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 28
  • 1C382628-5476-43C0-B641-D232CAE2A096.jpeg
    1C382628-5476-43C0-B641-D232CAE2A096.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 32