ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

4 days on this'un. submitted the 14th, approved the 18th....
IMG_1051.jpg

I have put in for a couple of Banish 30s. Said I never would, but my boys have been exposed to cans by our relation.(thanks a bunch relation. LOL) Anyway the guy at Silencer Central said plan on 9 - 12 months, but that some have been getting approved almost immediately. He said "weird stuff has been going on with fast ATF approvals lately." I am hoping for speedy.....otherwise January 2025 might be the soonest.

I watched an "Armed Scholar" video or maybe it was "Armed Attorneys" video on Youtube. I don't understand a lot of the legal mumbo jumbo but basically they were saying that the long wait times could be detrimental to the ATF winning the Texas Suppressor lawsuit. So I have wondered if the ATF is starting to speed a bunch of approvals through to cut down on the wait times so that there isn't an "unreasonable delay to the pursuit of happiness". 🤣 🤣

I have put in for a couple of Banish 30s. Said I never would, but my boys have been exposed to cans by our relation.(thanks a bunch relation. LOL) Anyway the guy at Silencer Central said plan on 9 - 12 months, but that some have been getting approved almost immediately. He said "weird stuff has been going on with fast ATF approvals lately." I am hoping for speedy.....otherwise January 2025 might be the soonest.

I watched an "Armed Scholar" video or maybe it was "Armed Attorneys" video on Youtube. I don't understand a lot of the legal mumbo jumbo but basically they were saying that the long wait times could be detrimental to the ATF winning the Texas Suppressor lawsuit. So I have wondered if the ATF is starting to speed a bunch of approvals through to cut down on the wait times so that there isn't an "unreasonable delay to the pursuit of happiness". 🤣 🤣
The banish 30 is not a bad can I've got one . Make sure to use antiseize on the threads all of them or it will lock . There's a thread about it on here . It happened to me and it was a pia to get it apart.

updated FAQ for e forms

Q. Has NFA Division implemented processing changes to reduce the number of pending applications?
Yes. For example, NFA Division is shifting resources to processing applications that have received a proceed from FBI-NICS in response to the required background check.
Q. Are NFA applications processed in a first in, first out basis?
No. NFA applications were previously processed in a first in, first out basis. Adhering to the first in, first out basis resulted in processing delays for NFA applications with a proceeded background check. For example, a NFA application with a proceeded background check would not be processed until a NFA application with a delayed background check was resolved. While first in, first out is a guiding principle, NFA Division will focus its resources to processing those NFA applications that have received a proceed from FBI-NICS in response to the required background check. Accordingly, NFA Division will process NFA applications as it receives background check responses from FBI-NICS. However, NFA Division will submit background checks to FBI-NICS in the order applications are received.
Q. My NFA application is submitted, but my background check has not been sent to FBI-NICS, why?
Due to the record number of NFA application submissions and ATF's limited resources, NFA Division must submit background checks to FBI-NICS in batches. Currently, there are approximately 200,000 NFA applications pending. As NFA Division reduces the number of pending applications, the background checks will be submitted to FBI-NICS closer to when the NFA application was received by NFA Division.
Q. I submitted my NFA application the same time as my friend/family member/etc. and his or her NFA application was processed before mine, why?
NFA Division can approve a NFA application only after receiving a proceed response to the required FBI-NICS background check. Some background checks may take longer to process because FBI-NICS must perform additional research on the applicants background. As a result, two individuals who submit NFA applications at the same time may have their NFA application processed at different times because the background checks are completed by FBI-NICS and transmitted to NFA Division at different times.
Q. What can I do to make sure my background check is processed timely and accurately?
While it is not required, the simplest way to help ensure your background check is processed timely and accurately is to provide your social security number with the NFA application. Without the social security number, FBI-NICS may have to perform additional research to ensure the applicant is not prohibited, thereby delaying the background check response to NFA Division. For example, without a social security number, FBI-NICS will have to perform additional research to properly identify the applicant when the applicant has the same name as someone else with prohibiting information in the NICS database.
Q. My background check is currently in a pending status with FBI-NICS, can ATF approve my NFA application?
No. NFA Division must receive a proceed from FBI-NICS in response to the required background check.
Q. My background check is currently in a delayed status with FBI-NICS, can ATF approve my NFA application?
No. NFA Division must receive a proceed from FBI-NICS in response to the required background check.
Q. My background check is currently in an open status with FBI-NICS, can ATF approve my NFA application?
Q. FBI-NICS responded to my background check with a proceed, can ATF approve my NFA application?
Yes. NFA Division may approve an NFA application only after FBI-NICS responds with a proceed to the required background check.
Q. If I have more than one application pending, will NFA Division process the applications at the same time?
Yes, provided the applications are for an individual and the social security number was provided with the NFA application. NFA Division has implemented a bundling process which allows an examiner to review all pending applications of an individual. There is no need for an applicant to request bundling, this will be done automatically.
Q. Is bundling available for trusts?
No. However, NFA Division is currently reviewing whether bundling for trust applicants is feasible, given the multiple further complexities presented by trust applicants.
Q. Why do trust applications take longer to process than individual applications?
Trust applications require the examiner to perform several additional steps of review than an individual application. For example, the examiner must read each trust document to ensure it is a legitimate trust. The examiner must also read each trust document to ensure every responsible person to the trust submitted the required responsible person questionnaire. The examiner must also review each trust regardless of whether the same trust was used for a prior application because the terms of that trust may vary between applications.
Q. Are there other factors other than the review process that result in longer processing times for trusts?
Yes. The most common reasons attributable to trust processing delays include:
o Failure to submit a responsible person questionnaire and fingerprint cards for each responsible person named on the trust;
o Failure to submit a valid trust, e.g., there is only one person named in the trust who is the settlor, trustee, and beneficiary;
o The name of the trust on the NFA application is different than the name of the trust in the trust document; and
o The background check is delayed for one or more individuals identified as responsible persons. For example, if one of three identified responsible persons background check is delayed by FBI-NICS, then NFA Division cannot process the application until the delayed background check is resolved.
So I just got my Silencer Central Trust on March 2, 2024. I am listed as the "settlor and initial trustee". I listed my wife as the "successor trustee". I did the electronic finger print file at the Iowa Deer Classic booth. My wife was back at the hotel room....... 🤣 ;):D

My question is does the trust successor(my wife) have to file finger prints before the trust is approved? Or do they(my wife) have to do that after I die? I am hoping that she can find out and file finger prints after I die.;):D

So I just got my Silencer Central Trust on March 2, 2024. I am listed as the "settlor and initial trustee". I listed my wife as the "successor trustee". I did the electronic finger print file at the Iowa Deer Classic booth. My wife was back at the hotel room....... 🤣 ;):D

My question is does the trust successor(my wife) have to file finger prints before the trust is approved? Or do they(my wife) have to do that after I die? I am hoping that she can find out and file finger prints after I die.;):D
I do believe I added my wife, daughter, and dad to the trust after I got my stamp. Sounds like she might not know about the suppressor yet? Remember ask for forgiveness rather than permission. I've done it for gun buys.

I do believe I added my wife, daughter, and dad to the trust after I got my stamp. Sounds like she might not know about the suppressor yet? Remember ask for forgiveness rather than permission. I've done it for gun buys.
Well she told the boys and I, that she was just going to go back to the room.(tired of looking at booths and deer etc) This way we could,,,,, """do what ever we want.""" So the minute she left the boys looked at me and said, "She just said we could do what ever we wanted to do. I think we should head over to the Silencer Central booth."
So I guess she gave us permission to get them.;)🤣:cool:

Well she told the boys and I, that she was just going to go back to the room.(tired of looking at booths and deer etc) This way we could,,,,, """do what ever we want.""" So the minute she left the boys looked at me and said, "She just said we could do what ever we wanted to do. I think we should head over to the Silencer Central booth."
So I guess she gave us permission to get them.;)🤣:cool:
Did you see the guy selling the cabin in the humor sections add ? I'd never sell.