ATF eForm 4 Reduced Wait Times?

Sitting at 10 months right now šŸ˜…
E form 4
Trust
Silencer Shop

Ironically I ordered one right before this one, and got it in 30 days or less because my local dealer surrendered their SOT, so ATF had to fast track all current applications.

This one was with a new dealer in my area, not that that matters. My assumption is that older apps are not priority at the moment however they are doing them.
I don't think any fast approvals started until Feb or March of this year.
I too have wondered if they are going to speed up the oldest or just start fast approving with brand new ones.

I don't think any fast approvals started until Feb or March of this year.
I too have wondered if they are going to speed up the oldest or just start fast approving with brand new ones.

I have found anything hard fact, but it seems like all the older ones are on the backburner

I had the guy at my lgs say that yes they hired more agents to handle the situation but they don't check the old back log.
I've got 3 waiting.
6/13/23 individual
8/22/23 trust silencerco
And the new one
5/13/24 trust silencerco
Hope the new addition pushes the other two thru and it doesn't get held up like the other two . He says they should batch them together hopefully.

Bought my first suppressor 4 weeks ago. Once paperwork was submitted to ATF it took two days to get approval... Well, Submitted on a Friday and email approval received at 6:14am the following Tuesday morning.

What about Form 1's for building SBRs? Are they returning those quickly?

I have an Uzi that needs a short barrel badly!

ā€¦.Hope the new addition pushes the other two thru and it doesn't get held up like the other two . He says they should batch them together hopefully.
Was hoping the same but didn't happen for me šŸ˜©
One submitted 10/31/23ā€¦ approved 4/3/24
One submitted 3/25/24ā€¦. Still waiting.

I have found anything hard fact, but it seems like all the older ones are on the backburner
As a math teacher here is what I think is happening.
They are reporting a median wait time, not an average wait time.
The median is a number that is in the exact middle of a list of numbers.
The numbers we are looking at are "days of waiting".

Here is what I think may be an example of how this could be working.
For an example with easy numbers lets say that there were 10,000 people on a waiting list.
Many have been waiting for an extended period of time. Say 300 days.
Then if 10,001 more apply there are now 20,001 people on the waiting list.
This means there are 10,000 old and 10,000 new and 1 NEW guy right in the middle.
If they approve all 10,001 new applicants in 3 days then that 1 NEW guy who is in the middle of the 21,001 people waiting list is the median. This "median" puts the median wait time at 3 days.
Had they 20,000 on the list the middle of the list would be a spot between the 10,000 old and the 10,000 new. Then you have to average the two middle guys to get the median position. Old guy 300 days, new guy 3 days, (300+3)/2= 151.5 median.

Hopefully all the waiters get approved soon!

First one a couple of years ago was 268 days. Second one last year was 165 days. When I picked it up last month, the shop said individual trusts were being approved in days, not weeks or months. This is a fairly high volume gunshot with kiosk.