Are you Satisfied?

i'm happy as a lark. i just found 8lbs of h4831sc online for a very reasonable price including shipping and hazmat. now i just need to find some primers. this is the first time i've looked for primers or powder in a few years.

Last 18 months or so only ammo I have bought has been ammo I can not reload.
Besides 22lr and 22lr match ammo (can't reload either) , only ammo I bought recently was 100 12ga 3.5" 2oz #5's Winchester Long Beard XR shells at Gunbroaker for a shockingly good price, actually ended up being SLIGHTLY below current OTC prices, that is IF you can even find 12ga 3.5" WLBXR shells in stock as I couldn't and that's why I bought them. Got 100% absolutely lucky. Saw the lot of 100 FS at GB for $225 no CC fee only tax and $12 S&H clicked watch them got a email they were almost gone logged on bid the exact price and got them. Was VERY surprised I won.

About 2-3 months ago Norma Ammo Had their Tac-22 on an absolutely killer good sale price (considering current 22lr prices) IIRC of under $45/500 W/free /S&H over $150 AND no limit. I bought 1000's upon 1000's of rounds, as I am 100% confident 22lr will not return to even .5c a round any time in the next year let alone much below the current .8c-.10c a round for CCI SV. My sons and I easily burn through 1.5k-2k rounds of 22lr at a single range trip as I own multiple 22lr SA rifles and 22lr SA HG's. My private range has a lot of steel plates and silhouettes you can ring, knock over or around and reset with 22lr HG's and rifles (as well as HG and pistol cal carbines) and is awesome fun.

Same sale they had their 223 Norma Tac for $14/30 free S&H over $150 no limit.
I literally check every day and they haven't run the same sale since.

Last edited:
I'm about to have to buy a new cabinet to hold all of the reloading stuff I have bought in the last 12 months. I've probably got 50lbs+ of powder now, 10k primers, and 5k bullets. In addition to a pretty serious supply of factory ammo..

I'm gonna sit the next shortage out, you guys let me know how it goes.
No offence meant whatsoever, but those numbers are at best minor league :>) :>). Once i got my progressive presses set up, I RARELY if EVER bought LG/RFL, SM/RFL or SM/HG in less than 10k a pop and my HG and 223 powder never less than 8lbs a pop.
stopped in my M&P/LGS about 4-5 years ago and they has CFE223 for under $225 OTD for 8lbs and bought a bunch.
Bought all my current stock of primers back during comrade Klintons regime. Powder Valley ABSOLUTELY LOVED me.
Only thing I'm a little light on is 355 HG and 224 bullets, but I won't need worry about those two bullets for 10 years at least.

I tell all who ask no I do not reload to save money, and no reloading will not save you money, but it will at least for those of us who bought on mass when primers and powder were cheap shoot a lot more for the same money. I reload so I can ALWAYS shoot and shoot a lot, maybe not as much as I did when primers and powder were easily available, but still when ever I want.

Last edited:
Powder is definitely coming around more frequently. Finally found some primers yesterday at my favorite local gun store. They only offered them up after the 3rd guy I asked about them went in the back while I was filling out my form to buy a new cordless hole puncher. He said they are getting them but won't put them on the shelf right now because of the idiots selling them at 3x regular price on GB. $74.99 for this box yesterday. Might have to go buy another cordless hole puncher to get another box tomorrow, they are closed on Sunday!
I was digging around today and found a box of Magnum Rifle Primers I'd completely forgotten I'd bought.

An extra 3000 will go a long way towards loading for the future.

I'm about to have to buy a new cabinet to hold all of the reloading stuff I have bought in the last 12 months. I've probably got 50lbs+ of powder now, 10k primers, and 5k bullets. In addition to a pretty serious supply of factory ammo..

I'm gonna sit the next shortage out, you guys let me know how it goes.
356548710f3f59337f3bfca0f6ec41d8.jpeg

Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
I'm pretty much set on most things, just need some bullets. Not everyone is hoarding, the shortage is due to more than that. Before covid hit there were alot of things that were hard to find, manufacturers haven't been able to keep up on several things

No offence meant whatsoever, but those numbers are at best minor league :>) :>). Once i got my progressive presses set up, I RARELY if EVER bought LG/RFL, SM/RFL or SM/HG in less than 10k a pop and my HG and 223 powder never less than 8lbs a pop.
stopped in my M&P/LGS about 4-5 years ago and they has CFE223 for under $225 OTD for 8lbs and bought a bunch.
Bought all my current stock of primers back during comrade Klintons regime. Powder Valley ABSOLUTELY LOVED me.
Only thing I'm a little light on is 355 HG and 224 bullets, but I won't need worry about those two bullets for 10 years at least.

I tell all who ask no I do not reload to save money, and no reloading will not save you money, but it will at least for those of us who bought on mass when primers and powder were cheap shoot a lot more for the same money. I reload so I can ALWAYS shoot and shoot a lot, maybe not as much as I did when primers and powder were easily available, but still when ever I want.
I got back into reloading just as covid was hitting, I haven't been able to find any of my components in any amount of bulk, 1k primers at a time, maybe 5-10lb of powder and bullets seem to be 1-200 here or there. I've been constantly watching.