Are NightForce Rings Any Good?

schwabdog

I just got a NightForce F1 scope and it comes with the NF ultra light rings, and I was wondering if I should keep them or put the US optics 30mm Titanium rings on as they are much longer and MUCH stronger and they cost me $350 to import them so I don't really want to put them in the safe and they will never be used..

I did take them of my 270 win and seen that they didn't make contact along the whole surface of the scope were they are touching the scope tube I was using a EGW tikka rail and it didn't exactly seen like a pice of precision work!
and I think you'd have a hard time Lapping them as they are high grade Titanium:D

any one ever had any problems with the NF rings??

it will be going on a 7mm rem mag

IMO, the NF rings are about as good as rings get. They came with the scope, use em. Or use the other rings you have, but don't worry about the quality of the NF rings, they'll do the job as well as anything else.

Geb

They're awesome rings, but IMO are overpriced when you can get a ring that's just as strong, durable, and of the same quality for alot less.

Check out the TPS TSR rings. They offer them in steel and aluminum.

I use EGW rails and I have never had a problem with any of them...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.