AR 30

Ol Bull

I'm new here and new to long range shooting and have a question guys. I walked into a gunshop today to see the owner, a friend of mine and he has an AR 30 in 338 Lapua hanging on the wall for $1400 with 50 rounds of brass and dies. My question is about the rifle quality and accuracy for 1000 yard shooting. Thank you in advance for your help.

Ol Bull
I had an AR-30 on order too but due to the long wait i am going to build one with a 32" barrel and a Geske action. Through research on the AR-30 i found for the bullet i wanted to use (300 SMK) i was gonna have to throat it out and i wouldn't get the velocity i wanted.If you want to use the 300 grainers it will become a single shot for you. That was not an issue with me. I just wanted a longer barrel and to be able to push the 300 grainers over 3000fps.

For $1,400, you could get a decent cutom gun in 338lapua and trance all over that AR-30. JMHO. Have fun.
smile.gif

sr90, i don't know what the mag length is. I could find out tomorrrow. AR's site doesn't gine any specs.

That would be great to know what the Maximum length of rounds will fit in the mag. Keep us posted.

Thanks

I already have a couple good long range hunting rifles. Ones a .358 G&H Imp. and the other is a 9.3/375 Dakota. Both 8.5 lbs all up but this AR 30 just looks COOL
cool.gif
Really think it'll be FUN
cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.