Lefthand AR-30?

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by paal_erik_norway, Nov 17, 2009.

1. paal_erik_norway

paal_erik_norway Active Member

I'm a lefty and looking for a .338Lapua mag. The best would be a AR-30 because of the price. Custom are to expensive on this project. Someone got any different suggestions? Lefthand rifle cal.338Lapua mag. i prefer its not a singleshot.

I have been in contact with Armalite, and they have no plans for a lefthand AR-30...?
    Because it's not much demand for them??? Is it just me, that wants a lefthand AR-30?

Lefthand people, please send Armalite an email on: Sales@armalite.com
    Armalite needs a minmum of 100 rifles to recover set-up costs on this... Please join me on this.

This is my last project: Sauer 200STR known as Sig3000
    Langholdsrifle cal.6,5-284 [LINK]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

I too was looking at the AR-30 in .338 Lapua. But for the $1800 price tag, I "settled" :)D:D:D) on having Kirby Allen build me a .338 EDGE. I am a lefty as well and if I plan on shooting a rifle from the prone position I prefer a right hand action. My Edge was built on a lefty Rem 700 LSS because I want to have the extended mag installed to make it a repeater, the rifle is for hunting and a right hand bolt is a PITA from other shooting positions.

3. paal_erik_norway

For me it's simple. I shoot lefthand, and will never have a righthand rifle. It's not an option at all!

4. Chopaka81

Chopaka81 Well-Known Member

I am a lefthanded shooter too. From what I have been able to find regarding the Armalites, they do not achieve the level of accuracy a custom built rifle does. They are acceptible out to 500 - 700 yds, beyond that (1,000 to 1,500 yds) you may find yourself disappointed if trying to hit something 8" in diameter.

I recommend you look into a blue printed bolt action with a high quality barrel. To be honest, look at purchasing a "after market custom action" by the time you purchase a M700, have it blue printed, you will be spending the same money.

Good luck.

5. paal_erik_norway

Hi Don.

Regarding Rem.700 blueprintet... Been there, done that... Not an option again!

6. Chopaka81

Skip the M700 - go with a Stiller or Lawton.

7. Chopaka81

How about a SAKO TRG-42 in 338 Lupua? I seem to remember seeing some left handed version of ww.Gunbroker.com if memory serves me. But then I could be mistaken.
    Good luck,

8. paal_erik_norway

Sadly to say Don, this time you're mistaken... Sako have never made the TRG in lefthand. If they had, it would already have been in my gun vault.

I have sold some Stiller TAC30 & TAC300 (licensed firearmsdealer) maybe a Lawton this time? I dont know yet...