Ar-15 match barrels

DXHI

Looking for a manufacturer (bartlein, Kreiger shillen) etc to make a good barrel ... Going with carbine length... Still want match grade in a pre-ban configuration

You might consider mid length gas system instead of carbine it's smother less abrupt recoil pulse is more pleasurable to shoot and a rifle length free float handguard will completely cover the gas block. I have one of the WOA barrels mine is a Wilson blank it is very accurate I can recommend them without reservation excellent barrel. I have a couple DPMS 223 chambered barrels that are good also for the money they are hard to beat. I have a Lother Walther that the chamber is a bit rough in it shoots well however, but the US division plant manager is a unique character to deal with really not worth the hassle with so many other great barrels on the market to choose from. I have a Krieger that is top notch also.

I have a 20 inch shilen, SS, medium contour. It has a full length gas system. I am extremely pleased with it. Very accurate, well made barrel. My smith purchased the barrel and installed it for $350.

I don't know how accurate you are looking for but I just ordered a 20" rifle length gas system from T-Box Barrels and it shot .75 MOA with a random load I had worked up for another rifle. That is all that I was hoping for, but I will probably work with it just to see what it can do.

It was right at $400, with a matched bolt and melonite treated BCG. Great customer service too!

Ive had four Lilja ar drop in barrels and all have been exceptionally accurate! .223,.243,.260, and 6.5 creedmore. They are a little spendy but are very good barrels.

I shoot a LaRue Tactical OBR Lite with the LaRue barrel (not the older LW) and I've had very good results with it. Shooting 69 gr SMK's I shot a .147" center to center at 100 yards for 3 shots. Didn't want to mess it up with 2 more. There was probably a fair bit of luck with that group but I can consistently hold just a shade over half MOA.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.